Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in knowing what might be in the pipeline relative to a Spring special color for the Challenger or of mid-year paint color offerings.

Any knowledge? Any guesses?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I doubt this will happen but I hope B5.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Well, I'm thinking that GWE is the Spring Special since it's ordering window's open now and delivery will be in the Spring. I've read how it's supposed to be available for the rest of the year on both the Classic and 392, yet it's not present on the build your own website. I think GWE is the same as all of the other offerings, that being somewhat limited.
I wish someone that actually knows better would clarify whether or not this is a limited run or available for the rest of the model year. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
because the 2011's are only a 6 month run its possible there will be no more special colors

ill bet 2012 will see a return of some of the old special colors....PCP is my 2012 prediction
...maybe HO or B5

what about a Mopar 11 in Sublime?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I wouldn't think we'll see anything until the 2012. Maybe they'll go with the "Bronze Star" that the 70th anniversary Jeep's are getting?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
There are about four high impact colors not used yet. They are Top Banana, GoMango, Butterscotch, and Sublime. Already used High Impact colors are Hemi Orange, Plum Crazy, Pink Panther(FF), Green with Envy(green go)-Spring special 2011.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm very curious about this as well. They've done orange, red, blue, yellow, purple, pink, and now green, so what's next? Perhaps they'll go back and do Hemi Orange again?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Especially for the regular (non IE) SRT, 2011 is shaping up to be the "forgotten year" for this car I fear, color selection for the regular SRT is bad. They should have offered the white and the blue colors on the non IE SRT car.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Checked the Dodge website real quick. Billet Metallic has my vote with endless possibilities to add or accent stripes/colors. Looks like Green With Envy took a cue from Camaro...
IMO they should have gone completely retro with sassy grass or limelight. I guess Blackberry Pearl is for those who are locked into their cell phone contracts? The orange looks much like the Sunset color on the '03 350Z. In all fairness got to see them in person under different lighting. Just sayin'!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glad I always wanted mine in Black. Not gonna have any color issues. They really should just offer all colors that were available in 1970. What would be really cool is if they could let people pick a custom color for their car at an extra charge. A lot of people on here like the retro colors on the new models, but they really aren't for me. I'd love them on a '70 but not on an '11.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Heck It doesnt matter if colors are similar, heck they made b3, b5, b7 blue, all blue but different, same thing with the lime light and sassy grass green similar but different. I HTF they dont keep pumping out the same colors year after year in an almost identical car, I mean at least the 70s stuff changed body panels almost every year to differentiate them. To be honest im not a big fan of any of the 11 colors, i'm not that crazy about a metallic green, I think it would be better without it. They ought to do petty blue, sublime, and maybe throw in a modern scheme like mystichromatic a la cobra. Dodge ought to keep the individual color count low, to help us out 30 years from now if you wanted to sell your car with a large return (as in value) for keeping them afloat thru troubled times lol, these cars should be exclusive like the old ones, production is running about the same as the 70s models and we have way more people and cars on the road than then.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
The new B5 covers pretty much the old B5 and Petty (Basin) Blue.

Detanator Yellow is the new TopBananna/Bright Yellow/Lemon Twist (Y1)

HEMI Orange Pearl is sort of a cross between the old HO (V2) and Vitamin C. (K2)

PCP is just a tad darker than the original (C7)

GWE looks to be a cross between Bright Green (F6) and Sublime/Lime Light. (J5)

Toxic Orange looks to be the modern answer for Burnt Orange. (K5)

I have no idea what will be next but I do like a butterscotch car.:scratchhead:

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
B5 is darker.

I believe there was a metallic blue called Surf Blue, available on Chargers, that was more like Petty Blue. It was still a bit darker, though.

Surf Blue and B5 are the same metallic blue color used on many Dodge vehicles.
Petty Blue was a solid lighter blue.

Petty Blue and B5/Surf Blue are NOT the same color

:)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts