Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
How long have Teslas been out now? Do we even now how well they hold up over time? Like how long before the batteries (big $$$) or even the electric motors last before needing replaced? What about other aspects of the drivetrain (I'm assuming there is some sort of transmission?).
The M3 I test drove for a weekend definitely had transmission problems going into reverse

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
California still has plenty of old cars, and I'm not talking about classics. The older ones are exempt from smog testing. So there isn't even a push to get rid of the higher polluting cars (yet), much less the thought of all ICE cars being banned.

We're talking far future where there is infrastructure, incentives, smart freeways etc. At 59, I'll not see that day. Money is a big factor, with attrition it could get to a tipping point some day. California has something like 45% of all the electric cars in the US. But that's still under 10% of the cars in the state.

A Guy

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just saw this article.

Makes me wonder when/if gasoline will no longer be available. Will anybody want to produce it if the market becomes limited. Will collectors with ICE vehicles have to convert them to run on alcohol?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
I just saw this article.

Makes me wonder when/if gasoline will no longer be available. Will anybody want to produce it if the market becomes limited. Will collectors with ICE vehicles have to convert them to run on alcohol?
Not any time soon.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I just saw this article.

Should I sell my Chevron stocks? I don't know how much gasoline represent in the oil industry, but I'm sure their business plan into the future is solid.

I've not read anything about planes and helicopters running on alternative fuels. If oil is a limited resource, then EVs would only mean planes can fly longer, meaning oil will continue to stay "cheap" and make air travel affordable.

If everyone is using that same limited resource, then one way we may not be able to drive, fly, or turn on the lights, because it's too expensive.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts