Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What will the Hemi Powered Dodge Challenger Weigh?

• 3300 to 3500

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 3501 to 3700

Votes: 92 17.6%
  • 3701 to 3900

Votes: 138 26.4%
  • 3901 to 4100

Votes: 126 24.1%
  • 4101 to 4300

Votes: 95 18.2%
  • 4300 Or Heavier

Votes: 27 5.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I going to hope for the 3600 range give or take a few. They can put a few nicey's in there, but leave it for the bare, bones muscle!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will DCX use the 6.1 version that the SRTs have now or something a little beefier that will stay up with the Corvette? I might have to sell the 300 if they punch up the 6.1 a little more!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
smkn300 said:
Will DCX use the 6.1 version that the SRTs have now or something a little beefier that will stay up with the Corvette? I might have to sell the 300 if they punch up the 6.1 a little more!!
Hoping they put in the 6.4L 392 as an option. Looking at 500hp with that monster.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ekool said:
What about heads and cam? :)
I can see that ekool wants an 800hp toy...:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
smkn300 said:
I thought Dodge already had a Corvette fighter?

I'm thinking this to be close to 3700.

·
Registered
159 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
Im hoping this will be the lightest of the platforms of the RWD v8. im new here. What a the main rumors so for. Lx platform?
All I know from reading here and there is 115 inch wheelbase and lighter material..but don't know what kind. We await the word from ekool.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Will be on the new LY platform, which is a shortened and lighter version of the LX platform. Best thing is it's able to accept a manual transmission. Rumors are already saying 6spd transmission. We don't have but another month to wait. They are debuting this thing at the auto show in Detroit in January.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Big Country said:
Will be on the new LY platform, which is a shortened and lighter version of the LX platform. Best thing is it's able to accept a manual transmission. Rumors are already saying 6spd transmission. We don't have but another month to wait. They are debuting this thing at the auto show in Detroit in January.
Word being spread out in the world is '07 release. I sure do hope they get on the stick and already have this setup in the works for that date. Wouldn't that be the cat's pejay's!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I haven't heard or read of an 07 release anywhere. More like 09 (possibly late in 08 as an 09 model???). Originally they were saying 2010. But hey, it would be nice if they could bring it out earlier. I'm sure nobody would complain...lol. I'd rather them get solid R&D done on this thing though. One problem is right now they don't have anywhere to build this thing. The plant making the LX cars is at it's maximum capacity just building the Charger/300/Magnum...so they have some logistics to figure out. Not to mention the Challenger will be the first car on the LY platform.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same plant in Brampton or a new location? With all the slow downs building the 300 line, I can't imagine what a new platform would do to production of the 300s.

·
Registered
419 Posts
smkn300 said:
Same plant in Brampton or a new location? With all the slow downs building the 300 line, I can't imagine what a new platform would do to production of the 300s.
That's just it...nobody knows (well, nobody that has talked anyway) where it will be built. It would make sense to build it at the Brampton plant because the current LX cars will also be changing over to the LY platform, but as of now, they don't have the capacity to do it. That's why I'm saying they have some logistics to figure out.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts