Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392 with TF8, MDS, Tech Grp, & 8.4AN in Jazz Blue Pearl
62 Posts
If I had to do it over, I would not have purchased my 2015 SRT 392 but should have purchased a Scat Pack with bigger aftermarket tires instead. All the adjustability the SRT gives me and the bigger brakes and tires were very attractive at the time. Now, I say the bigger brakes are a pain in the %$# and the bigger P Zero tires are still not enough to handle the 392 HEMI. Plus, all that adjustability in the SRT is not as helpful as I thought it would be for the Scat Pack suspension is pretty good as is. I also wish they had Destroyer Gray as a color option back in 2015 for I love that color.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know exactly how this line of thought goes because it's what drove me to the Scat Pack. The 6.4 is the closest thing that I could buy that would mimic my long lost 70 R/T 440 magnum 4 speed.

Try not to get hung up on the lifetime warranty. The Apache platform has been around for a long time and it's a great motor, especially if you leave it stock.

When you buy what you want and not simply what meets the bare minimum, you'll find that you have the perfect time machine. When I row through the gears in my SP, I can see my 17 year old hand on the the pistol grip of yesteryear. Get the 6.4, you won't regret it.
TheHorse13,

I didn’t get hung up on the lifetime warranty. See post #35 in this thread.🙂

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
52 Posts
Nitpicking, but I wish Scat Pack looked exactly the same as my 2018 RT from outside except the super bee badges. Meaning, just regular lip spoiler and no blacktop treatment would have been ideal for me. I know I am a minority on this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nothing. I spent over a year looking for a low mile R/T Classic, black w/black stripes. Didn’t pull the trigger until I found it. No regrets.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nothing. I spent over a year looking for a low mile R/T Classic, black w/black stripes. Didn’t pull the trigger until I found it. No regrets.
I would love to shop for a low (sub 10k) mile cherry 09-11 R/T Classic, M6 with Heritage wheels. There are a couple of different paint/stripe combinations I just love. Then I would immediately put a Magnuson SC on it and call it done.

But the one I wound up with is my second favorite combo (R/T hash marks with chrome clads) so I’ll probably just stick with that. Unless I just stumble onto that perfect unicorn...

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
380 Posts
Well ours was a 176 miles on here in june 2019, only regret is not buying a second one for the wife !! LOL

We both love the first gen over second gen, hence looked for years looking for a low mile first gen.

What we found was exactly what we would order in 2014...……….that's strange to find one in 2019.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well ours was a 176 miles on here in june 2019, only regret is not buying a second one for the wife !! LOL

We both love the first gen over second gen, hence looked for years looking for a low mile first gen.

What we found was exactly what we would
Unicorn,

In 2019, you found a 2014 model with only 176 miles! Backstory please. New? Used? Equipment?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I absolutely love my '18 T/A 392 and would change nothing about it, other than maybe replace the 9 speaker Alpine speakers with the HK option. But honestly, who cares when you are listening to the orgasmic roar of the 392! My only 2 slight regrets are a) not getting a Hellcat - even though my reasonable side knows the 6.4 in my T/A is more than enough power on the street... that sc whine though!... b) I think I could have gotten a better deal had I been a more shrewd negotiator when purchasing the car off the dealer lot in early 2019. I got about $6K off the sticker price, but from what I have read on these forums, others have gotten far better deals on similar cars. But honestly, these are very minor "regrets" and I am 100% thrilled every time I sit in the purple beast and go for a drive :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I ordered my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker in September of 2015 with all the items I wanted. 4 years later I still love my SPS. I'm glad I went with the billet silver metallic. It hides scratches and looks cleaner longer. Especially coming from a 2013 granite blacktop!

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
380 Posts
Unicorn,

In 2019, you found a 2014 model with only 176 miles! Backstory please. New? Used? Equipment?
Was looking for a low mileage muscle car, found this car at a HONDA dealership with 176 miles on it. Most folk thought it was a flood/salvage car.

This Unicorn was over $50K new in 2014 and is a one of one car.

Still costed me $34K to buy it the and love it !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I don't have any regrets not getting a Hellcat, my SP is fast enough. I do have a slight regret not getting it in Yellow Jacket every time I see the YJ SP coming at me when I leave work, or seeing my friend's YJ R/T when he's in town. But it's a really slight regret, as TorRed was my second pick. It's not like I got a color I hate, like DG or F8, but those would be "Hell NO!" colors anyway.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts