Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 srt8 challenger with a vortech and corsa exhaust. I will be getting $3000 for x-mas what should my next upgrade be? Long tube headers, heads and cam, up the boost. I'm at 500 rwhp. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Forged internals, and up the boost (feel good for a while)

or

trans build up (feel safe)

or

give it to me and feel good all year long :D

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
put 1500 0n the 4 and 1500 on the 27, spin the wheel and make some money.
not enough for trans upgrade, headers and you won't pass emisions. if you up the boost you risk poping the motor. cam and heads and you won't get traction, probaly have a hard time now.
buy some wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
get forged internals. you need a strong base to make more power.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Is the car paid off? If not, apply it to the principal.
Not as fun but practical.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Definitely agree with this if you havent already. Why spend tons on mods if you dont even own the car.

Is the car paid off? If not, apply it to the principal.
Not as fun but practical.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
If you are already at 500HP why put a ton more $$ into the car. Either help pay down the principal on this car... or another car... or a house... or put it in the bank for an emergency fund if you don't have one.

Having an SRT8 with that much HP is a ton more than most of us already have. Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

·
Banned
664 Posts
Like SRT 5939 said unless you are doing better than most of us with superchargers? Get some nice wheels and tires to put that power to the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
wheels and tires, you can change the pulley and get it tuned all for less than 3k, don't put heads and cam on a blown stock bottom blow that motor up and then build and add heads and cam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts