Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some quick background, I am looking to add a summer car to the line up and have spent some seat time in the new Camaro, 5.0 Mustang and today came across a left over 2010 6.1L SRT8 Challenger. So a little information on the car:
2010 SRT 8 Challenger Black Auto with stripe delete
Moonroof

No major options, no nav, or kicker sound system.

Car stickers for slightly over $43,000 (I believe) and my out the door price given was $42,960 with 7% tax included and 0% for 60 months.

This was an initial price and I did not negotiate as I was driving other cars in the day so I just asked to get their lowest out the door price. At that price I dont feel it is much of deal considering its a 2010 and the new 6.4L SRT8's are out.

What is everyones thought on what a reasonable selling price should be - I read some other posts where members have received up to 10k off the sticker.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
427 Posts
That price is way too high. Even with the 7% tax it shouldn't be more than $36,000, maybe $37,000 with the 0% for 60 months.

I got $8,000 off MSRP 10 months ago from an ad in the Sunday paper on a new 10 SRT8. Some dealers have been taking $10,000 off MSRP of the 10 SRT8s.

The dealer where I bought my SRT8 recently had a new 2010 Challenger R/T in ad for $24,xxx ($9,600 off MSRP).
They are even advertising the 11 Challengers below MSRP. There's a 2011 R/T $3,605 off MSRP Sale Price $32,990.
2011 Black SRT8 for $46,165.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just paid $43,637.18 out the door for my 2011 SRT-8 Challenger and I thought that was a fair deal. I did have some problems upon delivery of which they discounted the original price from $46.870.00.
I wouldn't pay over $38k including tax, title transfer and every other fee they could possibly add or I'd consider it a complete shafting. And then they should give free oil changes for life.
At least with $5k off the sticker it looks like they're attempting to deal. I'd bet you could negotiate even lower just so they move it off the lot.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There's a 2010 STR8 in B5 here that they recently (just three weeks ago!) marked down from $46k to $38k.
Auto, sunroof, and I think it has nav.
I told them I wouldn't be tempted unless it was at $32k. (I want a manual, no sunroof, and a 392--so they'd have to make it something I couldn't pass up.)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would not touch a 2010 for over 38k I dont care what options it had on it. It is getting close to two model years old already. So basically the day you drive it off the lot you have almost 2 years deprecation on it.

I was playing around look on the local lots today and they had a base 2012 5.0 Stang they would sell for around 28k. Sticker was 29.9 k.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
They are holding out the rebates on you in order to give you the 0% financing. It is one or the other. My car was quite a bit cheaper even at the 3.16% rate I got taking the rebates instead. Ask them about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quite honestly, even though I am opting for the 0% I still think $37,000 is fair.

Another question for all of you, what do you guys think of the automatic tranny? If I move forward, I am interested in bolting on a blower and am curious as to the limits (hp wise) of what the trans can handle.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think they have $3000 - 5000 more to go like others have said to get it in ballpark it should be. you should be able to give them examples from cars.com or other sources. good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well supposedly their computers were down today and they could not check on pricing but it was noted that they were going to check and see if they "missed" anything and get back with me tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts