Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a silver rt with the black hood decal and was thinking about going with the american racing hot rod circuit wheels in satin black. 20x9 on all 4 . What do you guys think about them and what size tires should i run on these? Thanks alot .

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon guys any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I like the looks of the wheel. Your on the right track IMO going with a Black wheel. That looks good on the Silver cars.
Go with 245/45zr20 for the fronts and 275/40zr20 for the rears.
If you go with a different size be sure to stay at or near the 28.6 dia. otherwise you get to much space betwenn the tire and wheel well.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I have 20x9s. I went with 275/40/20 in the rear with 245/45/20 in the front. The side wall height is the same between the two. I really like the way the wider 275 fills the rear wheel well, with out sticking out. What off set are the wheels that you're looking at?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been a fan of black aftermarket wheels for a long time and they definitely look better against a lighter colored car such as yours, IMO. My SRT8 is black so I went with a fully polished set of CCW's and I still may get the centers painted a graphite color-dunno yet. If you run 20x9's all around I would suggest running a 245 or 255 in front and a 275 out back. Good luck- it took me 4 months to decide on a wheel for mine. Just make sure that whatever you do get exactly what YOU think looks good. Staggered set-ups look awesome on these cars by the way. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, as far as size I prefer to have tires the same size all around so I can rotate them easilly.
Not like I am hitting the drags though. Just a daily driver. Also be careful of sidewall height. There are a lot of potholes that will not be filled as cities cut their budgets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the awsome feedback guys. Its taken me a year to finally decide on some wheels. Im thinking about going 275/40r20 all around, what yall think about that? Will i have any rubbing problems? Thanks again guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm running 275/35-20's on front of mine with absolutely no rubbing issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey guys i got a silver rt with the black hood decal and was thinking about going with the american racing hot rod circuit wheels in satin black. 20x9 on all 4 . What do you guys think about them and what size tires should i run on these? Thanks alot .
Don't like them at all they look like someone black primered them ICKY......U did ask for an opinion

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Thanks for the awsome feedback guys. Its taken me a year to finally decide on some wheels. Im thinking about going 275/40r20 all around, what yall think about that? Will i have any rubbing problems? Thanks again guys
Aesthetically speaking, I think a 275 up front on the Challenger is too wide, IMO. Remember, the original Challenger was the 1st production car in the US to come with staggered tires from the factory. At 1st, I too was concerned about not being able to rotate a staggered tire set up... But ultimately decided that looks for me were more important than maximum tire life.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aesthetically speaking, I think a 275 up front on the Challenger is too wide, IMO. Remember, the original Challenger was the 1st production car in the US to come with staggered tires from the factory. At 1st, I too was concerned about not being able to rotate a staggered tire set up... But ultimately decided that looks for me were more important than maximum tire life.
your car's stance is perfect! i'm gonna use the sizes you are whenever I get my r/t next week. can you rotate that setup at all? or are you just stuck lol

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
your car's stance is perfect! i'm gonna use the sizes you are whenever I get my r/t next week. can you rotate that setup at all? or are you just stuck lol
Thanks. No rotation for my set up. I'm not too worried about it LOL, most folks probably only get a couple thousand additional miles from rotating tires; small price to pay in the grand scheme of things really.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Thanks. No rotation for my set up. I'm not too worried about it LOL, most folks probably only get a couple thousand additional miles from rotating tires; small price to pay in the grand scheme of things really.
That really depends on how heavy your foot is. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
That really depends on how heavy your foot is. :browsmiley:
True :). The funny thing is my Toyo Proxes 4s are LESS expensive for the rear 275/40-20 than the 245/45-20 fronts. Must be a popularity thing or something?

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
how much are you spending for the tires? also, do you know the total mileage you're getting out of them?
$188 each for the rears, $228 each for the fronts at Kauffman tire locally. I'M on my first set, around 9K miles so far and they still look new. Great tire for the money, and are actually a car tire (not a SUV tire) so they work really well on the Challenger.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
sorry to hijack this thread,cannonballcobb what suspension setup do you have on your ride?
SRT Charger Bilstein shocks and springs.

Up front, I installed unmodified SRT Charger springs. Out back, I modified the Charger SRT rear springs by cutting one coil out. I'll admit, there was some trial and error with this set up, but you can see the end result; the ride is awesome, extreamly flat through the turns, no axle hop, and the ride is suprisingly good. Firm, but not harsh at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts