Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:rofl: Helium laugh

..... there's always a positive side to being the heaviest in a crash ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's basically on an equal to the 1970 model;considering all of the Federal safety requirements, as well as with today's updated technologies.Also, remember there are 13[ yes 13:facelick:] speakers in a mid-sized retro coupe.There simply is no other way { unless a previous idea of mine could be implimented; which was to have Helium Canisters:rocker: installed [stategically] with guages to offset the extra weight onboard:SM127: : which I would know would add more expense} !!!Unless you /one is wanting a Challenger for the track, @425 HP,which is more than @ least 95% of vehicles already on the roads ;what more is there to :woot: ?
Yea i'm one of those guys wanting one for the track. I would take it out of the shop every now and then to go get dinner or go to meets but for the most part it will be just for the track. 425hp is fun but it would be alot more fun in a car thats not as heavy.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yea i'm one of those guys wanting one for the track. I would take it out of the shop every now and then to go get dinner or go to meets but for the most part it will be just for the track. 425hp is fun but it would be alot more fun in a car thats not as heavy.
Oh well , in that case you will want to wait for the special Challenger that was briefly mentioned here a few weeks ago . I believe Dodge is planning a "stripped" down version, I think about 800lbs light [ no back seats perhaps]. Maybe,just maybe the 6.4L engine will be available ;if not the 6.4 race engine or even a 6.6L equipped with a supercharger. You have seen the Sox & Martin Challenger SS with the 392cu that was built especially for the 2006 SEMA show ??? Here, I just found this for your verification : Rumormill: Dodge Challenger SS Drag package weeks away - Autoblog :eek:rangehat::)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh well , in that case you will want to wait for the special Challenger that was briefly mentioned here a few weeks ago . I believe Dodge is planning a "stripped" down version, I think about 800lbs light [ no back seats perhaps]. Maybe,just maybe the 6.4L engine will be available ;if not the 6.4 race engine or even a 6.6L equipped with a supercharger. You have seen the Sox & Martin Challenger SS with the 392cu that was built especially for the 2006 SEMA show ??? Here, I just found this for your verification : Rumormill: Dodge Challenger SS Drag package weeks away - Autoblog :eek:rangehat::)
hmmm interesting. I'd like to get the motor w/out the supercharger (either motor) and stripped down version. I'm thinking about another form of boost though:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
13,678 Posts
At yesterday's press conference, Jim Press stated that there will be cool parts available to customize the Challenger. Here they are:

Ram air hood: Replacement aluminum hood features historically inspired scoop that pays respect to Dodge heritage.

Rear spoiler: Molded for strength, good looks and designed exclusively to match Dodge Challenger’s sporty appearance.

20-inch “heritage” wheel: Forged-aluminum five-spoke wheel with classic styling and polished bright clear coat.

18-inch cast wheels: Five-spoke retro design with bright machined spokes and black-painted pockets.

Challenger graphics packages: Heritage-inspired designs constructed of production-quality material.

Deluxe splash guards (front and rear): Molded to Dodge Challenger’s contours for a custom fit to provide excellent lower-body protection.

Rear park distance sensors: Sensor technology sends ultrasonic waves at 40,000 times-per-second to detect obstacles behind Dodge Challenger and alert driver to objects.

Vehicle cover: Constructed of premium material with custom fit for the vehicle’s contour with double-stitched seams, includes convenient storage bag with Dodge Challenger logo.

“T-grip” automatic shift handle: Molded for an ergonomic fit. Features bright chrome finish and Mopar logo.

Bright pedal kit (automatic transmission only): Finely crafted from polished stainless steel and designed to fit production pedals.

Custom center stack and console: Replacement appliqués finished in two unique colors — Inferno Red and Deep Water Blue.

Door sill kit: Adds a touch of brushed stainless steel while protecting interior sills from scratches. Embossed with Dodge Challenger logo.

Premium floor mats: Constructed from 24-ounce luxury carpet and color coordinated to Dodge Challenger’s interior — features a stitched Dodge Challenger logo.

KICKER® audio upgrades: Exclusive audio upgrades from the world’s premier high-performance car audio manufacturer.

iPod integration kit: Allows iPod integration with the vehicle’s audio system
Garmin Nuvi Portable Navigation System: Helps identify the best route using the industry leader’s portable navigation system.

Premium trunk mat: Constructed from 24-ounce luxury carpet and matches the trunk floor profile. Features stitched Dodge Challenger logo.

Mopar Performance Parts

Functional ram air-intake system: Creates ram air effect at speeds of 40-plus miles-per-hour by integrating Mopar hood and Mopar cold-air intake system
Cold-air intake system: Provides noticeable horsepower and torque gains by routing cool air through a directional cone filter into intake manifold.

Low-restriction air filter: Direct replacement for the factory-installed filter. Offers high-flow/low-restriction to improve throttle response, filtration and horsepower.

Rear-exit/low-restriction Cat-back Exhaust System: Features reflective sound cancellation (RSC) no-drone technology, 2.75-inch, 304-liter stainless steel mandrel bent tubing, stainless clamps and polished 4-inch pro-series exhaust.

Long-tube exhaust headers (automatic transmission only): Add estimated 14–17 horsepower gain.

Coil-over suspension kit: Allows up to 1.625-inch ride-height drop.

Stage I performance springs: Reduce ride height 1-inch for that low, custom look. For owners who desire a sporty yet comfortable ride.

Strut tower brace: Reduces body flex in the front end. Improves handling and drivability.

Forged crankshaft for 5.7-liter HEMI® and 6.1-liter HEMI: High-strength premium quality 4104 forged-steel crankshafts deliver outstanding performance gains.

5.7-liter HEMI and 6.1-liter HEMI street camshafts: Designed, developed, dyno- and track-tested for increased power and rpm.

CNC-ported 5.7-liter HEMI and 6.1-liter HEMI cylinder heads: Bolt-on cylinder heads designed to optimize flow while maintaining optimum port velocity.

Performance gauges: Utilize reverse lighting technology to radiate intense, blue LED through the dial. Provides at-a-glance readings day or night.

:woot:

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
At yesterday's press conference, Jim Press stated that there will be cool parts available to customize the Challenger. Here they are:
:woot:
Thanks Cuda340 !!
I'm stuck on an oil rig a couple hundred miles out in the Atlantic, and from here the computers operate way too slowly to pick up any of the broadcasts (Even the saved webcasts), so I've been wanting this info.
Some really cool stuff there I was hoping for.:)
The "T" handle shifter is a "Gotta have", a couple of graphics wouldn't hurt, to start.
Thanks !!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I'll take :

Ram air hood: Replacement aluminum hood features historically inspired scoop that pays respect to Dodge heritage.
Functional ram air-intake system: Creates ram air effect at speeds of 40-plus miles-per-hour by integrating Mopar hood and Mopar cold-air intake system
Cold-air intake system: Provides noticeable horsepower and torque gains by routing cool air through a directional cone filter into intake manifold.

Low-restriction air filter: Direct replacement for the factory-installed filter. Offers high-flow/low-restriction to improve throttle response, filtration and horsepower.

Challenger graphics packages: Heritage-inspired designs constructed of production-quality material.

Door sill kit: Adds a touch of brushed stainless steel while protecting interior sills from scratches. Embossed with Dodge Challenger logo.

As far as :

the 20in. heritage wheels - remains to be seen , as designers of the Concept ruled that out since it made the Chally look like a luxury car .

Supension set-up - will likely go aftermarket , time will tell

yearning for a brake (Brembo) package with 20in. wheels

engine internals - remains to be seen if it can be ordered prior to car production and installed before delivery - if so would be interesting to see what works best

Performance guages - makes me wonder if they're the same in the SRT or some Autometer look-a-likes ? Otherwise this and some other equipment mentioned are already in the R/T as standard equipment .....

Can't wait to see them parts and accessories once they come out in April at launch (as specified by Jim Press) ! :woot:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Main thing we ( who have a limit of funds for our new Challenger ) have to do is sit and wait on the sidelines until the hype and hysteria subsides, like it did afew years ago with the new Mustang and long ago with the PT cruiser, and then deals will be out there. Having owned 1970, 1972 & 1973 Cuda's and Challenger's, I know this new Challenger will be worth the extra wait time to get away from the overpricing. As for me, the R/T looks like the best bang for the buck after some dealer markdown/yearend rebates. Yeah, shave the ram, and redo some interior items and add the pentistar on the right, and some chrome retro mopar rallye wheels in 20"

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Don't get me wrong - I love the new Challenger , I just think it can be improved . Hats off to the Dodge team for making it @ 95% perfect for me !

Now as to what I want to see from either Mopar or the aftermarket in the '09 R/T to make this perfect IMO (see Concept's pics attached) :

1) The/or similar to the Concept steering wheel
2) The missing Wrap-around Console is my biggest pet-peeve (plz hide cup holders)
3) Pistol Grip similar or better than Concept (true to '70's shape but in metal matching accents)
4) The Concept's Rippled Retro Leather Seats
5) Reconfiguration of the front lighting assembly :
... have only the HID Lo's in the outer lamps only
... have the inner lamps match in color when lit again with HIDs
... have the flasher relocated in the bottom bumper and used as RDLs (Running Daytime Lights) exactly like the '70 model ;)

PS , I will myself , if they don't .... :
2) Have a custom shop build me that specific Concept Wrap-Around Floor Console (cup holders would be hidden with a flipcover)
4) Go to a custom shop and have them recover the portions of my stock seats in Rippled Retro Leather Seats
5) Since the outer beam is a Hi/Lo HID and I want matching illumination - I would buy another HID Hi/Lo set and swap them with the inner lamp housing completely (hopefully circumference allows) , and have my DRL wiring deleted (Hids hate DRLs) + flashers rewired to the lower bumper lights ;)

Now I just can't wait to see if the R/T will get a different hood (hope not) with its functional Air Traps like the SRT8 , and some different type of graphics (again I'm not sure what would look good on this specific body architecture which is very differently sized on the flank compared to the '70's original body)

I might in the end go with the more expensive SRT8 6-speed-manual for the hood / striping / mo-pow'r !??
just as my original post in this thread (quoted above) .....

:woot: my Rippled retro Leather Seats are being produced on the '09 R/T !!!

they must of heard/read me heheh , maybe I should become the ''Enthousiast Representative'' for us all , at Dodge :SM127: :rofl:

Check it out here page 5+6 :
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/09-challenger-r-t-gathered-specs-equipment-info-related-1426/index6.html

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
they must of heard/read me heheh , maybe I should become the ''Enthousiast Representative'' for us all , at Dodge :SM127: :rofl:
You already are !! heh,heh,heh !! :woot:
I remember when you originally posted that, and look how it's come around. Cool. I like all the things I see coming, but I'm too up for this car to wait for the 09. Gotta have that 08 SOON !!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
391 Posts
5) Since the outer beam is a Hi/Lo HID and I want matching illumination - I would buy another HID Hi/Lo set and swap them with the inner lamp housing completely (hopefully circumference allows) , and have my DRL wiring deleted (Hids hate DRLs) + flashers rewired to the lower bumper lights

The headlamps are a one piece design. The inner and outer lamps are not separate. That would make what you want to do kinda difficult.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The headlamps are a one piece design. The inner and outer lamps are not separate. That would make what you want to do kinda difficult.

If you really want it - it can be done I suppose .... I guess when I see them I'll know better .
Right now we're baking open my Mazda6's lense housings to take out the Halogen Projectors and retrofitting Acura TSX HID Projectors in .
Worst case scenarion - on the Chally ; I'll cut out the parkings' back housings and fit another TSX or other HID Projector in there - this way I'll retain the bullet holes the inner parking lenses have + it will prove cheaper to do .... good good good (chuckle ala Rosco P Coltrane)

7,359 Posts
It's basically on an equal to the 1970 model;considering all of the Federal safety requirements, as well as with today's updated technologies.Also, remember there are 13[ yes 13:facelick:] speakers in a mid-sized retro coupe.There simply is no other way { unless a previous idea of mine could be implimented; which was to have Helium Canisters:rocker: installed [stategically] with guages to offset the extra weight onboard:SM127: : which I would know would add more expense} !!!Unless you /one is wanting a Challenger for the track, @425 HP,which is more than @ least 95% of vehicles already on the roads ;what more is there to :woot: ?
I second that my old 73 challenger was about the same weight as the new one with out any safety equipment or new tech.
I think its fine at 4k weight now add a full tank of gas and a passenger well be able to figure how to lighten it up once thay get into circulation.
Aluminum hood will help which they are offering.
Ill just build up the engine to compensated for any unwanted weight ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are what the retro decals will look like:

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and SE - Autoblog

(images are down towards the bottom)

One is the long billboard "T/A" stripe from vintage 70s Challengers. The other is a bumble-bee stripe like the one shown with the retro 70's spoiler!

Also notice the pic with the T grip shifter

There is also a photo of the ram air hood scoop floating around somewhere. Looks almost exactly like the Charger SRT hood scoop...

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you look at the TA picture the tires appear to be different sizes and the hood is blacked out per the original. To do it right they need to put the duck tail on not the go wing. Still, if this is really available then I'm super happy. Hope it gets TA badges in place of the RT badges. The TA was always my favorite.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts