Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If I’m not mistaken the TR6060 takes ATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
These are my go-to fluids that I use for M6 and differential (intervals are 48k service in normal conditions) - been using these for years.

Improved the shift quality the M6 for me. My former '09 would be really "clanky" the '16 is much smoother
Product Motor oil Liquid Lubricant Fluid

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I was going to use RP but a friend who manages a parts store and is also a car guy that races told me that RP is discontinuing theirs because of poor quality control...

Then I was going to use Amsoil because I have heard good things from them but I live in a small town and not one store here sells it...
I guess I could order it online...

I have never heard of that STF Driven...maybe I should look more into that...
Where can I buy that...?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I was going to use RP but a friend who manages a parts store and is also a car guy that races told me that RP is discontinuing theirs because of poor quality control...

Then I was going to use Amsoil because I have heard good things from them but I live in a small town and not one store here sells it...
I guess I could order it online...

I have never heard of that STF Driven...maybe I should look more into that...
Where can I buy that...?

As well as all over ebay/amazon maybe for a better deal

Not sure about anyone elses experience but I changed my fluid at 40k miles and the first shift even just sitting with the car off felt way smoother then the factory stuff. Still on the same fluid at 96k probably need another drain and fill

·
Registered
222 Posts
Gear oil is a chemical highwire act.

Generally speaking, the stuff with the best effect on things like syncro efficiency and limited slip operation (remember they need grip to work) doesn't last as long. Either because it's conventional gear oil or modified with friction additives that break it down over time.

So it stands to reason you get the best feel out of a cheap conventional gear oil that protects well enough for just long enough that the change intervals don't annoy you.

Of course the devil is in the those very hard to measure parameters.

·
Super Moderator
17,434 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.