Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to indadvertedly open any old wounds or start any unintentional flame wars but i was wondering if anyone knew the answer? Last time I checked, they had "supposedly" just sent their final model for a 6.1 ram air challenger to final assembly so there company could start producing kits for the Challenger. Lots of fanfare and then a whole lot of nothing. Now I see that they're no longer listed on the websites approved vendors list. Have they just given up and thrown their weight behind the Camaro camp? Just curious, that's all.
Thanks in advance!
:werd::werd::werd::scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i think they gave up on us unfortunately, but i don't know for sure...just a guess. i was looking forward to comparing their product to other intake systems because i know a lot of people rave about their stuff.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response BigDaddyWiz. I had a chance to visit their store back in SEP of last year talked to their head designer at great length. According to him the Camaro had blindsided them and they seemed to stop what they were doing and began "tunnel visioning" on it alone. But then he said that they'd just finished the Vararam Challenger prototype model and were sending it off for final product design & approval. In other words, from what I can tell their company seems to suffer from ADD (attention deficit disorder). I then got busy with other things and decided to check back to see what was up. Personally despite their best intentions I don't think they can get their heads around what exactly it is they need to do in order to correctly modify either our 5.7 or 6.1 engines. I honestly think its beyond their capabilities & understanding, too bad!

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
We don't speak that name around here any more. Haha just playin around, but yeah looks like they abandoned us for the camaro. They did the same thing back in 05 for the lx cars so I never really expected much.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually have a prototype vararam intake. I met a person through these sites that had a few given to him by vararam. Problem is, is that he had an srt8 and they gave him an intake for an rt. He gave me the intake for the 5.7, but it doesn't fit a 2010 model. We got the run around for a long time (the entire summer) saying that they just had to make a few adjustments and they would send us the correct ones. Towards the end of last summer they said that they were going to completely remodel it and would get back to us, and thats the last we ever heard from them...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I actually have a prototype vararam intake. I met a person through these sites that had a few given to him by vararam. Problem is, is that he had an srt8 and they gave him an intake for an rt. He gave me the intake for the 5.7, but it doesn't fit a 2010 model. We got the run around for a long time (the entire summer) saying that they just had to make a few adjustments and they would send us the correct ones. Towards the end of last summer they said that they were going to completely remodel it and would get back to us, and thats the last we ever heard from them...
strange that they would go that far with the product and not finish it off.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I actually sent them an email here a week or so ago and after 5 days, I got a response. Now, I deleted it already but they basically told me that they do or will be offering a ram air intake and that it shouldn't be long.

I did have a Vararam on my 2011 SS Camaro and it was pretty friggen awesome. It was actually pretty good quality, fit and finish and really woke the car up, especially at speed.

I'm about to get an S&B intake for my Challenger now and just be done with it.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
They're good folks but don't hold your breath... They've been working on one for the Challenger platform for 2 years now.

HemiSam

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I think their products are made well and they're domestic using domestic supplies. The rub is they haven't made it happen for the the LX and LC platforms and too many false starts. I think their GM stuff is pretty slick...

HemiSam

·
Banned
697 Posts
In a convo I had with them, they said this unit was still in the works. As mentioned before, the Camaro situation was less than ideal. They basically had several hundred preorders, and then when they started sending them out, they had issues with cars studdering. After several months of troubleshooting they traced it back to GM using two MAF sensor part numbers for the Camaro..one part number did it's job well, and the other did not. Now the Camaro unit is in production, but you have to check your MAF sensor before you buy to make sure it is a good one.

Vararm's stuff is pretty exotic, but it gennerally works well. Below are results on our Camaro...it dropped 2 tenths by itself, and 2 more tenths with a standard Diablo tune.

Vararam and Diablosport Predator Package- Save Big and Drop 4 tenths in the quarter! - 2011 Camaro ZL1 Camaro Forum / Camaro SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I probably went through a half dozen of their test units and spent a lot of time with the owner. He'd install them here in my garage with my help. Interesting stuff, just couldn't get it done. Note this was the summer before last and ran up through winter. It became apparent it just wasn't going to happen. Fitment is a real problem for our cars since the unit sits between the throttle body and the opening above the radiator housing. Oh well.

HemiSam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts