Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 RT auto .. whats a good stall # 2200 .... 2800 ..... 3000 ..... 3300 .... for a dailly driver ... not worried about gas mileage but dont want to rev the crap out of it at 70 on the highway ?????

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have added .... gear change also ... ??

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking 3.73's .. what would you put GSO..... getrag ???

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
You have a getrag, you will have to switch the head unit. I would go with the 3.73's. At 2500rpm in 5th gear cruising you will be going 67 mph

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be changeing out in Jan. or Feb. ..... cant wait ... It angers me to spend so much on holiday gifts that are not for my car .... .. i feel like a scroog ....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i do a valve body in the tranny .. do you still need the blue tops .... i was told the valve body was better than the blue tops .. but wasnt told that i had to do it with the converter and gears ... maybe just didnt go that far in conversation

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
only one company does the valve body and to be nice Im just going to say I question the quality of their products at this point. I can go in to detail in PM if needed. But no you dont do the soleniods and valve body. Just one. They are not required with the converter change but I recommend it. It will help the trans last longer and much firmer shifts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah to my understanding .. its just a tweaked factory part ... and you send back your core ... and thanks for the advice ... its always apreciated.

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
Yep just modify the fluid channels and a couple springs. Nothing wrong with the Mercedes design. All it needs is the blue tops to make it complete. I recommend a pro torque converter

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol ... im takin notes .. pro converter .. blu top sils ... and 3.73's .... that should put me well into the 9's rite ..... lol

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmfao .... good comeback ...... im still lol ......

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have no idea ... how can i find out

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will check .. and post back in a bit

·
Registered
289 Posts
Converter

I would recomend Pro Torque as well, I just put in a 3200 with a SHR trans and it drives great, no problems with everyday driveability.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
jbuddah, what kind of money for the shr trans ?/ Did you have to give up your trans for a core also.?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts