Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T with 15k miles..has sunroof/spoiler/power seat 6spd!.. still under warranty .. bought for $34,990 plus new 20" boss 338 black wheels w/ polished lip, BRAND NEW mopar cold air intake w/ magnaflow exhaust.. lmk what you guys think she'll go for

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is immaculate, also has billet grill, safeguarded interior so it'll NEVER stain or absorb any dirt! sounds sick too!

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Based om what '10's are going for, I'm guessing somewhere between $23-25k.

Nice looking car, but mods really don't add much value to a lot of buyers. Good luck on the sale

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
sweet looking RT. just keep it!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'll agree with 19johned53 in the fact that I wouldn't pay over $25k for it for sure, but that being said, I'm a pretty good shopper and a lot of people aren't and will pay more for it. I think you can actually get more from a dealer. But I would definitely go in and see how much they would pay for it before the 2011 models hit, b/c once they do I guarantee whatever you would get now for it you will get less.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
A downside to mods is often the car will bring as much or even more in stock trim as it will with mods. Nothing against mods but don't look for them to bring much when trading the car in. If you kept the stock parts, you can pull the mods off and sell the after market parts separately and recover some of your mod money.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
nice car, good luck!

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
beautiful car but the cold hard facts are that you don't EVEN begin to match retail sale value versus loan balance until AFTER the 36 month mark of the loan - if you are lucky and/or had a HUGE downpayment

Since a lot of people have gone for 72 month - they will not approach parity until after the 40th payment area

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paid for! lol.. just wantin another viper... figured i'd sell it or trade her in, but i'mma just keep on ridin her til i get sick of her

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is a really good highway car.. about the most normal car i've ever owned and best gas mileage for such a big car.. the z06 killed it w/ 30mpg on the highway but the viper got around 12 on average.. so i'mma just use it for highway trips and such

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I worked real hard and got $28.5 trade in for my base 09 R/T. Of course I had a custom paint job, and I took it to a dealership that at least had some amount of appreciation for it. I paid $28.5 new, spent about $5k on mods (flames, wheels, Cervini Ram air.. few other things), and traded for $28.5.. So, I lost the 5K in mods, but made out okay overall. Without the mods, no doubt I would have probably ended up at $23K or so.. maybe more if I worked it hard. Dealers don't put any "stock" in mods... In fact, some will try to use that as an excuse to low ball ya

That was last July

1 - 14 of 14 Posts