Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a Corsa Extreme system p/n 14436 for a 2010 R/T auto. Also have a drop in K & N air filter. I know the stock Horsepower is about 376 for the auto R/T. What can I claim with these simple mod's? and be fairly accurate so no one calls b.s.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
It's actually 372 for the auto R/T, 376 is for the manual. Your probably at 385hp. Don't expect too much from a catback, the midpipes are the major bottleneck.

Maybe a few horses with the K&N. You can get more if you got an SRT8 air box. I did that and noticed a good difference. The SRT8 box doesn't have the silencer, and also has a much bigger cutout at the bottom of the airbox for ambient air.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
What the other said, the gains from CAI and Cat-back are pretty insignificant to boast about. With CAI you'll only really gain a few hp on the upper end and only a few ponies from the Corsa. Now, if you add a predator/trinity on top of that you can make those mods more useful.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree, probably 10 hp at the most in ideal conditions, but to be honest, you could have possibly lost some trq under the curve. But if you don't have a stock dyno to compare it to you'll never know. SO enjoy the sound, theres no better system out there.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm adding the MOPAR CAI and the K & N drop in is going in the wife's FF R/T. So with the Corsa Extreme AND the mopar cai what's a good guess on the HP?
If I did a predator tune what could I expect?
I ordered the mopar cai and got one for $318 shipped, direct from ccjdmotorsports.com.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm adding the MOPAR CAI and the K & N drop in is going in the wife's FF R/T. So with the Corsa Extreme AND the mopar cai what's a good guess on the HP?
If I did a predator tune what could I expect?
I ordered the mopar cai and got one for $318 shipped, direct from ccjdmotorsports.com.
Intake, catback, 180 tstat, and a good tune with logged AF should net you about 25rwhp through out the curve not just peak numbers. The "FF" might bring those numbers down a bit. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
here's what i would do take the car to a local dyno and have it dynoed so you can pull out the dyno sheet and prove the hp and tq you have. thats what i did with my srt-4, no one belived me that i had 350 at the wheels. you take out the dyno sheet and no one can argue with that. i can make up numbers all day about hp gains from a cai and an exhaust the only way to really tell is with a dyno. Also the 372 hp that dodge says the car somes with isn't actually what you put to the ground if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Dynos can only prove much with a back to back, stock to modded pull in the same air temperature ect. Just getting a dyno pull is all relative, really can't tell you much. You can have a car pull 400 wheel in one spot, and a car pull 350 in another, but the car with less 'dyno power' can smoke that 400 rwhp pull on the track

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
In the end.....who really cares? I look at it like this; I don't race my car, but I could if I wanted to :) I treat my car like I did a new pair of sneakers when I was 8yrs old. Putting on those new sneakers meant I could run faster, leap higher, dodge quicker, and never get tired.

When I put something cool on my car it's to make it sound tougher, look like Chuck Norris does when he's pissed off, and in general just be more in the badassery category. Does it go faster? Hell yeah it does! Just like I could when I was 8yrs old in my new pair of sneakers. Was it important to me to have those shoes and walk around at school for all of my friends and enemies to see? Hell yeah it was! And the same applies to my Challenger...it's tougher, faster, and sounds like Chuck Norris kicking the snot out of some unfortunate creap who disrespected the local cleaning lady.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.