Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola

I already have a front brace, what's a bigger bang for the buck. Speedlogix 4 point rear or JLT CAI?

I'll end up getting both, but just not now

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
13,704 Posts
The 4- point rear will tighten your rear suspension. The CAI will look cool and sound great, but won't give you any measurable boost in performance.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
The only intake that's worth it is the LMI Fender Pull. The frame connectors are always a good idea. The other thing you could do that would definitely make a difference would be Cannonball Cobb's cheap brake mod. Food for thought/

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
CAI

Unless, you like taking curves at a high rate of speed, go for the letting your car breath a little bit better, and to be honest it will breath better when at high RPMs other than that we are just supporting the Go Fast businesses but they too have to eat.

Just saying...................

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you are only going forward CAI.... but why not save and do both...that way you can feel it in the turns also....

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
PSM, I would not spend the money on any CAI, not worth the money. Your 2013 has a very good flowing air filter box. I would just get a intake tube from a new Charger, then install a K&N filter or filter of your choice, and put a catch can on the engine. Then install the rear brace.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
PSM, I would not spend the money on any CAI, not worth the money. Your 2013 has a very good flowing air filter box. I would just get a intake tube from a new Charger, then install a K&N filter or filter of your choice, and put a catch can on the engine. Then install the rear brace.
I approve this message

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
If trunk space isn't an issue get the rear brace. You'll get more out of it than a CAI. The air intake is very efficient for the 2011+ Hemis. I'd just drop a quality air filter in there like an AFE or AEM.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input

must mod the car, must mod the car, must mod the car

its a sickness, and I am very sick : )

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would say shock tower brace first. However I did notice a 2-4 MPG increase after I put on my Mopar CAI. I took it off and it went back to normal. Put the CAI back on and I was getting 22 MPG again not 18 with the stock box. I am not sure why that is as the stock box does look very well made.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Fast RS, what year is your car?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a 2013 R/T Classic. I will say the intake and american thunder exhaust sound great combined. But I am more happy about the mileage increase.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
How do you like the CAI?

I just put in my Hurst automatic shifter today looks nice, come monday will be my 430RBZ and hopefully I will have time to put my rear shock tower brace in too :)

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you like the CAI?

I just put in my Hurst automatic shifter today looks nice, come monday will be my 430RBZ and hopefully I will have time to put my rear shock tower brace in too :)
Its ok, looks good at least. Don't know about performance increase yet.

Fit and finish are a bit rough and I had to spend time with a dremel tool modifying the shield so the air filter could slip onto the intake tube.

If I had to do it again I would have sent it back, once I started grinding I knew I owned it.

Once I took the stock one off I saw what folks have been talking about, the stock system is kick ass. Lesson learned...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree, I as expecting baffles not a big opening. I am happy with my Mopar CAI my only complaint is for the temperature sensor they should include an extension and also have it snap into place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts