Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the mopar CAI like 15 minutes ago and when I turned on the car I noticed a rattling sound coming from the engine ...... is that normal because I'm starting to worries

Any suggestions on what I might of done wrong ??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Which intake is it?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I just installed the mopar CAI like 15 minutes ago and when I turned on the car I noticed a rattling sound coming from the engine ...... is that normal because I'm starting to worries

Any suggestions on what I might of done wrong ??
In installed mine yesterday. Driven it twice and never noticed a rattle.
Are all your clamps fully tightened? Could it be where the snorkle is going through the heat shield? Could it be rubbing there?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Make sure everything is tightened down good not sure what it could be I've never heard of this issue coming up. Could you be more specific as to where the noise is coming from?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I don't have the Mopar CAI (yet), but when I first installed my AFE CAI, I also had a rattle. The problem was that the metal air box was vibrating against the metal near the radiator overflow tank. Went to Home Depot, spent $5 on some self-adhesive felt and put it anywhere the metal was in contact with each other. Problem solved.

·
Registered
576 Posts
What i would do is with the engine running hold the intake, if the rattling stops you probably have some vibration somewhere that is caused by contact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts