Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to do the first flush and fill on my 2010 just wondering if Mopar is still the anti freeze to go with or is there something else on the market that is better to keep temps down especially on a high boost/high HP stroker. Thanks for the input. Seeing a lot of Peak ads lately never used it.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
Have you looked into Engine Ice?
Have not used it in my car, but have used it in all my bikes and have seen 10 degree reduction in operating temps!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
If you want to pull the block plugs and drain everything Evan waterless is a good option
But you have to drain it ALL period
Otherwise get the zerex orange hoat and save money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Daddy's R/T

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have used ICE as a additive and did see temp's drop a few degrees and will more than likely use it again but just wondering if there was some new tech in aftermarket brand anti freeze that I have not heard or seen. Probably won't be pulling block plugs and going with the Evans. So is the Zerex Orange on par with Mopar anti freeze? Thanks for any help here.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Yes, the Zerex G-05 Is the equivalent of the Mopar HOAT coolant used thru 2012.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a SRT radiator on my R/T wondering what is capacity of the cooling system (how much anti freeze will I need to buy)? Would you buy the flushing products to clean system? Thanks.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Both are about 14 quarts total so you would need 2 gallons of straight coolant. Best to flush it out with distilled, then put your 2 gallons in then top off with distilled, and a new OEM stat wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts