Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greeting..

.excuse me i need help with my dodge charger srt8 2013...i used to race my friend and he have the same model charger srt8 2013..when we race on sport mode"autoshifting" i beat him..but when he use track mode to manual shift he beat me i tried to shift too but still he won..both car are stock...and he dont want tell me when do i have to shift "lame"..when he manual shift he can beat me easily but both in sport mode..i beat him by little..please let me know whats the best timing to shift in which RPM..notice we race rolling 40km..i tried to shift at 6000 rpm he still beat me easily i tried to shift 6400 and 6300 and stil he beat me easily..:( help plz!

i know its a challenger forums..but we have the same engine and gear but mine is 5 speed only

and sry for my bad english xD

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Welcome to CT
Being totally stock and being the very same car, its possible your shifting to late and not at the peak tq peak hp.
You may be going past that point of peak hp and just wasting time and pavement as he scoots past you.
Try at a lower rpm like 5800 and see what that gets you. Once you get past 6000 you hp numbers might drop like a rock that would explain it.
By going on the dyno you will see exactly where your motor peaks out.
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I have my shift light set at 6100 rpm's. Peak horsepower is at 6000 I believe. However you have the human factor involved. It takes your brain a split second to do everything. So I am probably really shifting at 6300 rpm.

Try it at 6100. But if your really slow the other recommendations may work.

You have to go a little past peak horsepower to get back in the powerband.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
I have my shift light set at 6100 rpm's. Peak horsepower is at 6000 I believe. However you have the human factor involved. It takes your brain a split second to do everything. So I am probably really shifting at 6300 rpm.

Try it at 6100. But if your really slow the other recommendations may work.

You have to go a little past peak horsepower to get back in the powerband.
Doesn't the rev limiter hit at 6200? Do you have a tune and is that how your able to shift at 63?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Stock rev limiter is 6400 rpm. I have never reset my redline, although I have a tuner.

I don't know where your ideal shift point is, but it's never before peak horsepower.
I stand corrected. Your right. Redline IS at 6400. Peak horse at 6000, peak torque at 4200.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
greeting..

.excuse me i need help with my dodge charger srt8 2013...i used to race my friend and he have the same model charger srt8 2013..when we race on sport mode"autoshifting" i beat him..but when he use track mode to manual shift he beat me i tried to shift too but still he won..both car are stock...and he dont want tell me when do i have to shift "lame"..when he manual shift he can beat me easily but both in sport mode..i beat him by little..please let me know whats the best timing to shift in which RPM..notice we race rolling 40km..i tried to shift at 6000 rpm he still beat me easily i tried to shift 6400 and 6300 and stil he beat me easily..:( help plz!

i know its a challenger forums..but we have the same engine and gear but mine is 5 speed only

and sry for my bad english xD
1st to 2nd shift at 6K (happens fast). You still have good gearing in 2nd so it will pull hard. 2nd the 3rd, shift at 6400 + so when you shift, your at 4250 +. These heavy cars will bog if you shift into 3rd or 4th too early as the gearing is 1.4:1 & 1:1 with a 3.06 rear end. yuck...
My redline in my tune is 6650 and it will auto shift in sport mode just over 6400. My best ETs are in sport mode and leaving it in "D" and letting her shift by itself. (I usually bounce the limiter between 1st and 2nd manually as it happens a lot faster than I can shift)
You want to be as close to when the active runners switch over (4600 to 4800 RPM) when you shift as it will pull hard when the short tunners switch over. Get rid of the nannies via a canned or custom tune and you'll beat your friend every time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
just listen to your car and practice... practice... PRACTICE!!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts