Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im entertaining upgrading from my r/t classic. im not sure of the differences between the two cars. any info would be great thanks, Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
hey guys im entertaining upgrading from my r/t classic. im not sure of the differences between the two cars. any info would be great thanks, Mike

My 2 cents, and worth every penny. The T/A. You can have the SRT Brembos, the wider wheels, minus Laguna leather, and the 3 mode suspension. Personally, I'm happy with my SRT. No graphics, yeah, it's Go Mango, but it is vanilla, haha. Truly. My IMHO, just not into the graphics, but they are cool on someone's else's car. Then consider the price of admission. Yes, the 392 SRT could truly be the "base" halo car, but its a totally awesome ride. However, the T/A gives you 95% SRT, at a significantly lower cost. Either way, you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
My 2 cents, and worth every penny. The T/A. You can have the SRT Brembos, the wider wheels, minus Laguna leather, and the 3 mode suspension. Personally, I'm happy with my SRT. No graphics, yeah, it's Go Mango, but it is vanilla, haha. Truly. My IMHO, just not into the graphics, but they are cool on someone's else's car. Then consider the price of admission. Yes, the 392 SRT could truly be the "base" halo car, but its a totally awesome ride. However, the T/A gives you 95% SRT, at a significantly lower cost. Either way, you can't go wrong.
I agree 100% with you on this, Rob B. OP, I just bought a T/A and love it. I'm still undecided on the side decals and may take them off at some point (if I see someone in town with the exact same car, they're coming off... lol), but I love the painted hood and wrapped roof and trunk. Still, the rest of the car is just what I wanted. I didn't need the suspension changes and any of the other higher performance stuff on the SRT, but it does have the option to those sweet Laguna seats. The SRT is a bit pricier but lots of the features are standard. Don't know how low you can get an SRT for, but I got mine with incentives and a bit of negotiating with a great dealer for $41.2k from MSRP of $50.1k. Buy either one and you'll enjoy the heck outta it!

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
T/A

I would go T/A. I like both. One option would be to put T/A graphics on an SRT.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'd go with whatever one has the options you want that you can get for less money. It's the same car minus the drive modes. If you're thinking a brand new SRT 392 then I'd skip it and go to a HC. Dodge flooded the market so bad that you can get them in the high 50's/low 60's.

·
Super Moderator
15,435 Posts
Items on SRT 392 as standard:
*HK Perf Audio
*Driver Convenience Grp (includes HIDs)
*Laguna Leather interior [SRT only]
*Nav
*3 mode electronic shocks [SRT only]
*Track and Custom Modes - performance pages [SRT only]

Items on T/A 392:
*Nav - extra cost option, extra $$
*HK Audio or SG II is optional, extra $$
*Driver Conv Grp is optional, extra $$
*Leather Int Grp (alcantara / leather seat with vent and heat function, has T/A logo on seats) -optional, extra $$
*standard fixed mode Bilstein shocks
*9.5" wheel unique style to T/A 392 w/ 275/40 tires [3 season or all season]

T/A package exclusive items as standard:
*T/A cold air induction system (CAI and hood scoop ducts)
*satin black painted hood, satin black vinyl wrap roof and rear decklid
*T/A side stripes are std, can be deleted on order
*optional black hood pins [N/A as factory option on SRT]
*white face gauges (light up red when lights are on)

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Also on SRT

Flat bottom steering wheel
Unique dash with SRT logos
Bigger paddle shifters
Red brake calipers
Unique twin stripes optional
Bondurant track day

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fof the info guys. theres a dealer with a real nice t/a but that dealer kinda sucks as ive delt with them in the past. they do alotta shady adding in of costs and he refuses to give me any prices over email. ive been looking at scatpacks aswell but correct me if im wrong their basicly an r/t with a 6.4? i found a nice go mango one with the appearance package but it doestn have leather which i would really like as my r/t has that. i think its 37-38k i dont remember exactly.

ive never leased a car so pardon my ignorance and any advise would be great. now say if i leased a car i could not normally afford then bought it at the end of lease. assuming i dont mind paying like a 9 year car loan lol i could get a higher end car than i normally would because the residual value of that scatpack i think he said would be 28k. i got tons of numbers from dealers the last few days but none of the cars i absolutly loved except for the t/a at that crappy dealer.

is this just a totally bone headed idea? dont be shy lol i kinda think it might be but ive never leased a car before. i guess i could put a procharger on my 5.7 and be done with it lol.....thanks guys, Mike

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Whats the difference between a Scat Pack and a T/A??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts