Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between these two audio settings on the Challenger???

Is this an SRT/Kicker System thing or do you R/T guys have it too? I've switched back and forth playing with them and I can hear a definite difference but I can't really tell which one is "better".

Anyone have an "official" explanation for what these settings do?

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
There is a distinct difference between the two settings on the Kicker 13 speaker system. On "Surround" it uses the center dash speaker for main vocals and uses the left and right speakers for fill.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think the surround is for DVDs, although some songs sounds better with it, "stereo" seems to punch through better at highway speeds.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Change your EQ to fade all the way to the rear and then change between the two. My little boy changed that on me a week ago and I thought I lost my back speakers.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Music was recorded in Stereo (unless of course it's a DVD-A or SACD, neither of which would play in our cars) so for Music just use Stereo. Now if you pop a DVD in and want it to sound a little more "surround like" then choose Surround Mode. But realize it's just simulated surround anyway, not like there is any Dolby Digital or DTS processing going on here.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah-HA! Thanks for the info guys!

I always had it set to "surround" which does sound a little more "surroundy" lol... but definitely hollow; like the music is farther away!

Stereo is RIGHT up front and has a good punch to it but I couldn't figure out if it sounded quite as clear and good as surround. I could definitely hear vocals a LOT better in stereo mode and when driving somewhere loud like a highway (like in this picture).

Surround sounded REAL good if you CRANKED it up, but under normal volumes "Stereo" seems better.

Stupid car giving me all these decisions to make!!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
723 Posts
heh, no one noticed your speedometer is at 116 while you fiddle with the settings.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
heh, no one noticed your speedometer is at 116 while you fiddle with the settings.

We... He had the Cruise Control on... Geeez! :scratchhead: :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts