Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, the black plastic buttons that hold the chin spoiler to the plastic tray and the inside of the forward part of the front wheel wells. How do you release them to remove the R/T spoiler so I can get the SRT spoiler on??? Looks like a slot between the flat head and the collar of the fastener, do you use a small flat screwdriver and stick to small flat into the slot then pry up???

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Those aren't the pins I'm talkin about. I'm talkin about the flush black plastic attach pins that hold the front chin spoiler onto the spoiler tray and the forward part of the front wheel wells. I'll take some pic's tomorrow.

Like these;

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
The fasteners you need to remove are 2 pieces, not like the ones you have pictured. You'll need to remove the center, then the rest will pull out. I used a pair of pliers that I modified, I ground the gripping surface of the jaws into a curved shape that allows me to pop those right out without damage. I got the idea from a cheap little pair of pliers that came in the tool kit of my Polaris ATV. You can also use an automotive trim tool or even a pair of screwdrivers. The slots are there to help you get them out, you just want to have even pressure on each side otherwise they can rip. There are also a couple of plastic rivets that you wont be able to save, they are one-time use fasteners, that is why we buy the Harbor Freight POM rivet tool when we add the SRT lip.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I picked up a vinyl trim pry kit at harbor freight for like 2-3 bucks and have used it like 10+ times in the last 2 years for these... For strut brace covers, strut brace, shaker hood, inside trim etc....

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
When I did my Mopar splasg guards, there were a dozen or so of those to remove.. I drilled them out with a 1/4" (maybe it was 3/16") drill. That was pretty easy and did not enlarge the holes in the two surfaces that were attached together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts