Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After today's preview at the NY auto show I'm very disappointed, I don't think we're even going to see a 6.2 supercharged hell cat with a Dodge name on it, hasn't anyone noticed there are no Challenger SRT's being talked about, they are calling them Scat pack cars and 392 R/T's. As of January you could not order a SRT from Dodge and then in late Feb you no longer could order a Core SRT which seems to be the new 392 R/T. The question is, is the SRT Challenger gone only to return as a SRT brand Hellcat or something with some stupid price tag like the viper which by the way has been taking up space at my local dealer ever since they introduced it and if I was stupid enough I could probably buy it below cost and they would love me for at least a while. Everything I have read so far is just saying 485 hp 475 torque no wonder Challenger is third in sales to Mustang and Camaro, the new front and rear treatment reminds me of 72 or 73 when they did a very similar thing which wasn't very well recieved by the buying public, if you look at the 15 it's almost what they did back in the 70's. I don't understand Mopar, 485 HP is just not going to cut it when it comes to nights at the drag strip and bragging rights when the competition has 600+ hp cars sitting on their showroom floor for anyone who walks in and signs on the bottom line and can drive straight to the track and beat the first new challenger it finds. The only way a Challenger has a chance is if he made a stop at his local Hot Rod shop, spent another 10 to 12 grand and voided his warrantee in the process and added some upgrades. I'm on my third Challenger I'm pretty sure this will be my last.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Dodge needs to send their marketing team back to school or fire who they have and start over. They shouldn't be trying to keep up with the Joneses, they should be the Joneses and have the competition chasing them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The SRT Challenger will be alive and well. That was a Dodge brand press conference. SRT is its own brand now and completely separate from Dodge. SRT will show their products soon, don't worry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Huge let down on both products. That new "charger" front end and hood should have been on a refreshed Avenger.

Honestly, who the F wants to buy a 50k+ car that shares rear and front end with the dart/caravan/journey??

It could have looked like

but instead they did this?

bunch of clowns

should have been an Avenger:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Wouldn't we be shocked if SRT releases the hellcat in a challenger/viper hybrid ala Barracuda! I know I'm dreaming.

I'm not sure what to expect from SRT Premium and SRT Hellcat. Hellcat seems obvious - S/C 6.2L. But what can the Premium add that isn't now available in the 2015 Dodge Challenger 6.4 Scat Pack?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts