Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having some exhaust work done yesterday on my 2012 R/T Classic with STP and the mechanic/welder who drove the car up on the lift told me he thought the car felt funny when the brakes were applied, so after the exhaust work he had me watch as he applied brakes at a slow speed, as the front wheel stopped the car moved another 1/4 in. or so forward and then bounced back!! So what parts do you think are worn??? And who makes better replacement part's than the crappy OEM part's that are toast after only 80k!!!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Take it to a reputable mechanic and have him check it out in person instead of asking random strangers on the internet to troubleshoot something based on vague information.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take it to a reputable mechanic and have him check it out in person instead of asking random strangers on the internet to troubleshoot something based on vague information.
Thanks for the quick reply but I figured with the VAST knowledge base here several people will have exact knowledge of the commonly worn out items and can give me an idea, and then I can do some research on what part's to look into before I take it somewhere.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply but I figured with the VAST knowledge base here several people will have exact knowledge of the commonly worn out items and can give me an idea, and then I can do some research on what part's to look into before I take it somewhere.
The car has 80k. We have no clue how you drive, what your maintenance schedule is, what you've already replaced, what modifications you've done.

I'm sure one of our more tech savvy members can tell you what to check, but you're always going to be better served by a hands-on professional. It's like going to google to find out why your chest hurts.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,908 Posts
I was having some exhaust work done yesterday on my 2012 R/T Classic with STP and the mechanic/welder who drove the car up on the lift told me he thought the car felt funny when the brakes were applied, so after the exhaust work he had me watch as he applied brakes at a slow speed, as the front wheel stopped the car moved another 1/4 in. or so forward and then bounced back!! So what parts do you think are worn??? And who makes better replacement part's than the crappy OEM part's that are toast after only 80k!!!
I would guess there’s some wear in the control arm bushings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts