Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend i had my 2012 redline out and about stopped at a friends who had 2 gentlemen over i didnt know,we got in to talking about the car they loved the look of it and the new challenger then it turned ugly when asked if it had the hemi. I proud of my car said no it had a v6, they then said ohhh that sucks i would never have bought it I they were all about power,all of a sudden the car is junk and not so good. Heres the kicker I said would you rather have a rusted out piece of crap with 1000 hp or a car that looks good and turns heads they choose the hp. Really??? at which point I laughed at both of them and there ford focus and prius called them morons and smoked them as i drove away.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Ignore people like that. They're just jealous that they don't have a Challenger.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I get that, "Did you get the Hemi" or "Is it a V8" question all the time. The general public only knows V8 or HEMI. They think the V6 is slow until they get in the car and feel the power. Not that the V6 is super fast, but its no slouch either!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I usually get the same about why I got an R/T instead of an SRT. "Why did you settle for an R/T?" or "You should have bought an SRT!". I tend to ignore these kind of folks but if they really push it I reply by saying "I bought an R/T Challenger as a daily driver. If I need to go fast I have a supercharged Mustang, an Oldsmobile 442 with a modded 455ci and last but not least a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti at home." The look on their faces changes completely:laugh:

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Over the weekend i had my 2012 redline out and about stopped at a friends who had 2 gentlemen over i didnt know,we got in to talking about the car they loved the look of it and the new challenger then it turned ugly when asked if it had the hemi. I proud of my car said no it had a v6, they then said ohhh that sucks i would never have bought it I they were all about power,all of a sudden the car is junk and not so good. Heres the kicker I said would you rather have a rusted out piece of crap with 1000 hp or a car that looks good and turns heads they choose the hp. Really??? at which point I laughed at both of them and there ford focus and prius called them morons and smoked them as i drove away.
IMO, the v-6 are here to stay. The furture will show, the 6 with single and twinn turbos.
They run blowers now and run damn tuff BTW.
Really pisses a v-8 man off when smoked by a 6 .
Even at 300hp there more or same than what I had in my Duster and my Demon with the HP 340 !!!!!
Tellem to F----Off Jerk Off
FlatTop

·
Registered
470 Posts
OP, don't worry about people like that. Their mouths get in gear before their brain does. You have a challenger and that means its great no matter the engine. There is nothing wrong with a V6. In fact, one of the fastest cars bone stock that I have ever ridden in and drove was a 1987 Buick Grand National. Turbo Charged and Intercooled V6. It was a rocket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
having the 6 never has bothered me, would i like more sure but i live within my means maybe later down the road something more but at 43 im proud of what i have in fact after dodge letting me know my car is only 1 of 128 (dont think thats alot) so i feel im part of an elite group.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
They were envious of you and your car from the minute you got there, then you said it was a V6 and they figured it was a way to put your car down..they were jealous. To hell with them.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
V6 and Proud

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Hahaha yea thanks. Year by year it gets better and feels newer. Supercharger next year :x

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Every single person who has given me the you should have got the v8 statement (which has maybe been like six in five years) had neither a muscle car nor a V8

Reactions: Canadianknight

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,074 Posts
I don't mean to bash V6 owners, and I'm aware that there are built V6's out there that perform superbly, but, given a choice, why would you NOT want a V8 in a car like this? I get the better gas mileage, lower entry price, and maybe even cheaper insurance, but that's where it pretty much ends, doesn't it? I mean, when all's said and done, it's still the bottom of the line offering in the line, is it not?
It's great that you're proud of your cars and the V6 is definitely a great value and beautiful car, so you should be proud, but, if you could afford all that and more, do you really think having a V8 would be such a bad thing? I think the average Joe that comments about having V6 vs. V8 hemi is probably just voicing there own opinion that, given a choice, they would have gone with the latter. Now whether they could actually afford one or not is another story altogether. I agree, your car is probably ten times better than theirs. In their dreams, they'd have gotten a V8, but they didn't, so therefore YOUR cars have no merit in their minds lol!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Here is MY 6 cylinder MOPAR.......................... :D

If it's anything like the one my family owned, it's also got a 6..........volt battery! :p

Very nice, BTW. A Plymouth just like that one is the very first NEW car my Dad ever owned! We used to fit Mom and Dad and 6 kids in it.

Reactions: stormTrooper

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I usually get the same about why I got an R/T instead of an SRT. "Why did you settle for an R/T?" or "You should have bought an SRT!". I tend to ignore these kind of folks but if they really push it I reply by saying "I bought an R/T Challenger as a daily driver. If I need to go fast I have a supercharged Mustang, an Oldsmobile 442 with a modded 455ci and last but not least a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti at home." The look on their faces changes completely:laugh:
Off topic...but where do you work, and are you hiring? :eek2:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't mean to bash V6 owners, and I'm aware that there are built V6's out there that perform superbly, but, given a choice, why would you NOT want a V8 in a car like this? I get the better gas mileage, lower entry price, and maybe even cheaper insurance, but that's where it pretty much ends, doesn't it? I mean, when all's said and done, it's still the bottom of the line offering in the line, is it not?
It's great that you're proud of your cars and the V6 is definitely a great value and beautiful car, so you should be proud, but, if you could afford all that and more, do you really think having a V8 would be such a bad thing? I think the average Joe that comments about having V6 vs. V8 hemi is probably just voicing there own opinion that, given a choice, they would have gone with the latter. Now whether they could actually afford one or not is another story altogether. I agree, your car is probably ten times better than theirs. In their dreams, they'd have gotten a V8, but they didn't, so therefore YOUR cars have no merit in their minds lol!
I hear ya US, but my pride in my V6 lies in the fact that it's an awesome car that I could afford. I dig the V8's and plan on one once my kids are all grown up and paid off. Added to this is the fact that its mine...modded my way, with a look and feel that I'm used to and happy with...I'm proud of it man. My take on this thread was its a proud of a V6 thread, not a V6 vs V8 thing (again) :).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.