Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking through the threads, seems there is alot of variance between cars and drivers though.

Just want to see some people post up some 1/8th and 1/4 mile times and the mods present at the time of the run...i just wanna bust into the 12's on street tires!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll have to agree with TF on this one. Getting into the 12's with a 6 speed and street tires would be very unlikely. You would need perfect weather a 1.6 60' and yours shifts would have to all be speed shifts and perfect. Ith the weight of the car and the unlikely traction of the street tires it is not likely due to the high RPMs we have to launch are cars at.

One of the best I have seen in person was Transporter and he was running 13.57's with street tires and he still had a 2.0 60'.

Invest in some Drag Radials and 12's are within your grasp. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link and input guys...my SRT-10 ram with nothing but exhaust and a shorthrow would run 12.9's at 109mph with 1.9 60' times on wore out yoyo Proxes s/t's (street tires)...it was a 6 speed manual and id expect the challenger to transfer weight better...my stock 370z nismo would cut 2.0 60' with NO weight transfer...im thinkin I can get this done :D

My buddies srt-8 chally with nothing but exhaust and a 150 shot was laying down 11.8's at the local track here the other day on streets...not bad at all

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
you might pull a 12.9 i think I could have done it on a tune with drag radials.. or some really sticky streets..But its not gonna be an easy task and unless your stricnine with the miracle clutch.. your gonna need a clutch fast. That shortbox truck also has 10 inch wide wheels and did you forget to mention 500 hp?
im running a 12.5 easy peasy but thats boosted.. 12.3 on small drag radials

5,134 Posts
One of the best I have seen in person was Transporter and he was running 13.57's with street tires and he still had a 2.0 60'.
I ran 13.38 with Nitto 555s (the street version, not the drag radial) and I just got bored trying.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you might pull a 12.9 i think I could have done it on a tune with drag radials.. or some really sticky streets..But its not gonna be an easy task and unless your stricnine with the miracle clutch.. your gonna need a clutch fast. That shortbox truck also has 10 inch wide wheels and did you forget to mention 500 hp?
im running a 12.5 easy peasy but thats boosted.. 12.3 on small drag radials
The SRT-10 also weighed 5300lbs, id say a good 1200lbs more than the Challenger R/T...rule of thumb every 100 lbs of weight removed will net you 1/10 of a second in the 1/4 mile, therefore the R/T will be able to make considerably less hp and put down close to the same numbers...

I know a 6speed SRT-8 challenger will cut a high 12 with a good drive in the right conditions...Id be happy if i can pull a 13.1 with the R/T when i get it ready...gonna see about some rear adjustable air shocks to get it to transfer weight a lil better...one of these days of course. I see alot of potential with these beauties :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I cut a PB of 13.1 with stock Goodyears and the mods in my sig. It was at ATCO in Sept 09. Haven't been to a track since.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
gonna see about some rear adjustable air shocks to get it to transfer weight a lil better...one of these days of course. I see alot of potential with these beauties :bigthumb:
you may want to take a look at the hopnot kit. many guys on here can vouch for the added traction it gives the manual transmisson cars. i've looked long and hard at the kit, heard from a bunch of guys that have it installed over many miles, and i'm going to be ordering the full blown kit for mine to have installed for this coming spring. take a look at the description:

HopNot.net: Total Package For Six Speed Challengers

it comes with the adjustable sway bar.

excerpt from the site about it:

This adjustable sway bar link is a key part in controlling your cars wheel hop. It works with Stage 1 to ensure that all is “not equal” to the rear wheels. The link is preset at ¼” longer then stock length but, should always be compared to the stock link at each install. Do not exceed ¼” shorter or longer in any application.
This new Hop Not adjustable sway bar link is based on an OEM link; only threaded, then a 3/4" hex connector is added to make this unit adjustable. The hex connector uses 12mm right hand threads on one end and 12mm left hand threads on the other for easy on car adjustments. A small groove marks the end with the left hand threads.
The adjustable link should be installed at the right front location. This creates a slight weight difference at the rear wheels/tires to work along with Stage 1 and or Stage 2 in controlling wheel hop. The adjustable link is pretty much intended for six speed cars unless you have the need to even out or preload your cars suspension system.

mike is a very helpful guy, and has answered every one of my questions. looks like its the ticket to taming the rear ends(which means more traction) on the 6-speeds!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, thanks for the info and link sir...ill definately be looling into that...

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I ran a [email protected] and at 2500' above sea level on a bald set of Nitto Invo 295x22's. It took me 30 runs in 2 days to get it but I did so it's possible for sure. I hope to hit the 11's this year with my drag radial setup, new Spec clutch, and DSS 1400hp half shafts. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it!
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts