Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 SRT lowered with Eibach pro springs, the car has less than 4000 miles on it and the rear tires have excessive wear on the outside edges.

Can this be easily corrected with an alignment or are offset bushes etc. required?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
You should have an alignment done. It might or might not solve it, but it will let you what if any corrective action is needed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,206 Posts
Was it aligned when you lowered it? If so, was alignment within specs? The big question is whether it aligns without other parts (mine did)

A Guy

Reactions: theblaisez24

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
It should have been re-aligned after lowering it. I bet this is the problem.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
782 Posts
My 2011 Challenger R/T Classic was lowered on Mopar Stage 1 springs and wore through a set of tires even though it was almost-not-quite-on-the-edge-of-nearly-being-in-spec. Lots of people seem to think that's "close enough."

I eventually changed to Eibach front control arms and Eibach rear camber bushings to solve the alignment issues and drastically improved the ride quality.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I lowered it myself and took a gamble on not getting the alignment checked... and lost.
I will get it checked and go from there, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
245 Posts
Seems like most of us who’ve done the Eibach Pro Kit have found that getting back to within alignment specs requires additional parts (control arms, camber bushings etc).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wait....the outside edge is worn? Or the inside edges?

Outside wear would indicate positive camber....which is the exact opposite of what is supposed to happen naturally when lowering...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts