Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wondering how do you guys and gals touch up your wheels?

for minor bake dust, like drive a few miles to a local meet and then back.

For a trip like that I would use quick detailer on the paint but how can I touch up the wheels in a similar manner?

Do you just use your favorite quick detailer?

I

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,947 Posts
I just use a spray bottle filled with water and paper towels to clean the Brembo brake dust off the inside of the wheels. For the outside, I use Meguiars Quik Detail spray with a microfiber cloth. (Note- The Quik Detail detail spray that comes in a 32 oz. bottle is sufficient. I use the more expensive Ultimate Detail Spray for my painted areas).

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just straight clean the wheels, tires and wheel wells, since that takes about 30 minutes to do. Dedicated bucket, good soap, wheel woolies, and some brushes. (y)
Doesn't soap, water, and brake dust get on car around fenders when rinsing them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doesn't soap, water, and brake dust get on car around fenders when rinsing them?

It certainly can, I don’t do it often for that very reason. If I’m just doing wheels, since these cars have crazy brake dust build up, then I just use the hose nozzle on shower mode opposed to the pressure washer. That’s if I’m only using car soap and not iron remover or other harsh chemicals that need a bit more water power to fully remove.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
if you coat your wheels with something like Sonax Polymer Net Shield then dust would pretty much clean off with a wet microfiber towel if you like...detailing spray would also work, and add the shine ;) It can last up to 6 months

This is even easier, but doesn't last as long

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
438 Posts
I use Griot’s wheel cleaner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts