Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2016 srt and just noticed that one of my hyperblack wheels is lighter in color than the others. Is that a known rare defect or do yall think its probably just a replica. Car only has 7k miles

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
All OEM wheels will have a series of letters & numbers in several series of stamping on the backside hub, including "mopar" so its really easy to check if it is a repop / replica wheel or not.
I have detected very, very slight differences in outside color between factory wheels that should be the same color. I believe this simply to be that wheels may come from different lots and a variation in the paint between lots or perhaps different manfacturing plants who make them for FCA. If you are not seeing this type of stamping, afaik , the wheel is not OEM and may have been replaced with a look a like or similar.
Here is an example of what OEM hub stampings should loook like.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All OEM wheels will have a series of letters & numbers in several series of stamping on the backside hub, including "mopar" so its really easy to check if it is a repop / replica wheel or not.
I have detected very, very slight differences in outside color between factory wheels that should be the same color. I believe this simply to be that wheels may come from different lots and a variation in the paint between lots or perhaps different manfacturing plants who make them for FCA. If you are not seeing this type of stamping, afaik , the wheel is not OEM and may have been replaced with a look a like or similar.
Here is an example of what OEM hub stampings should loook like.
View attachment 979417
Thanks i’ll Check in the morning

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Probably one got damaged and the replacement just a little off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Probably one got damaged and the replacement just a little off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This.

Work Play Drive had a mismatched Devil's Rim from the dealer. Likely the previous owner never noticed and never bothered to have the dealer fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts