Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a '14 rt challenger. I am looking at buying some bigger wheels. I'm digging the 20" Asanti's ABL-11's and was wondering what is the offset i need to run

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
What width are you going with? Staggered or square stance?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Got ya, in that case find the offset for the factory 20x9 wheels and that's an easy solution. If you can't find it I can get it for you

Reactions: HemiGuy7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got ya, in that case find the offset for the factory 20x9 wheels and that's an easy solution. If you can't find it I can get it for you
Im doing research and low-key want to run 20x9.5 front and 20x11 back. Im seeing that i need 3mm spacers if i want to go that wide. How do I find the offset?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
i definitely want to go negative offset
For the fronts you will need the offset to be down to around 12mm for 9.5" wheels. For the backs at 11", I'd say around 22mm offset will look good. You know you'll have plenty of poke right? And if you go negative offset you will have a LOT of poke without a widebody.

Reactions: HemiGuy7

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
220 Posts
i definitely want to go negative offset
You definitely can't run negative offset, Stock HC wheels are 9.5" and the offset on them is 18.5mm. for an 11" you are looking somewhere around 21-25mm

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
You have to look at the backspacing for the front tire so it clears the control arm. I believe the most it can be is 5.5" on an R/T. That's what it is on my setup and I clear the control arm by ¼" with 255/45r20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to look at the backspacing for the front tire so it clears the control arm. I believe the most it can be is 5.5" on an R/T. That's what it is on my setup and I clear the control arm by ¼" with 255/45r20.
Can't i use spacers so it eliminates the rubbing problem?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Can't i use spacers so it eliminates the rubbing problem?
Sure you can, but if it were me I'd just get something that fits. I don't like using spacers personally especially in high hp cars. A 20x9.5 with a 12mm offset will fit very well on an R/T. That's what most aftermarket wheels designed for the car have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah definitely like the 20x9.5 and 20x11 fitment. Just want to make sure i get that nice wide stance. thanks bro you cleared up a lot of things for me! Just gotta save money now for the wheels and tires
Sure you can, but if it were me I'd just get something that fits. I don't like using spacers personally especially in high hp cars. A 20x9.5 with a 12mm offset will fit very well on an R/T. That's what most aftermarket wheels designed for the car have.
Yeah definitely digging the 20x9.5 and 20x11 fitment, just want make sure i get that nice wide stance. Thanks bro you cleared up a lot of things for me! Just gotta get the funds right lol

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
yeah definitely like the 20x9.5 and 20x11 fitment. Just want to make sure i get that nice wide stance. thanks bro you cleared up a lot of things for me! Just gotta save money now for the wheels and tires

Yeah definitely digging the 20x9.5 and 20x11 fitment, just want make sure i get that nice wide stance. Thanks bro you cleared up a lot of things for me! Just gotta get the funds right lol
Are you still looking at the asanti's?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
I 100% agree with what he said^. I wouldn't even plug that thing into my car if it were me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts