Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given this equation, is it even possible for me to find new wheels?

Equation:
Nice wheels on regular cars these days x personality flaw that I always want something different x budget limit of about $2,000-$2,500 x wheel thread with missing pictures x desire to find something somewhat retro x Brembo brake size constraint = Impossible to find new wheels

I've been through every page on the aftermarket wheel thread (although many pictures are not there anymore), along with probably more than a dozen wheel websites and I still have not found anything with a price around $2,000-$2,500 per set I like enough to buy...

I want something retro, but I'm never been a fan of Cragars (when I was growing up all the Chevy's had Cragars... no Mopars had them, thus I don't like them). So, I'll take something with just a touch of retro...

What makes this hard is so many new cars (no matter the brand or how dreadfully awful the car is) have nice wheels. In days gone most OEM wheels sucked... not anymore; and I have this personality disorder that always wants something different than everything else.

So, I am now at a loss... I found one set I really like on Weld (S77), but they are $900 each! I am sure I am missing something or skipping over somethings, so I am asking for any suggestions. I thank you in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Equation:
Nice wheels on regular cars these days x personality flaw that I always want something different x budget limit of about $2,000-$2,500 x wheel thread with missing pictures x desire to find something somewhat retro x Brembo brake size constraint = Impossible to find new wheels

I've been through every page on the aftermarket wheel thread (although many pictures are not there anymore), along with probably more than a dozen wheel websites and I still have not found anything with a price around $2,000-$2,500 per set I like enough to buy...

I want something retro, but I'm never been a fan of Cragars (when I was growing up all the Chevy's had Cragars... no Mopars had them, thus I don't like them). So, I'll take something with just a touch of retro...

What makes this hard is so many new cars (no matter the brand or how dreadfully awful the car is) have nice wheels. In days gone most OEM wheels sucked... not anymore; and I have this personality disorder that always wants something different than everything else.

So, I am now at a loss... I found one set I really like on Weld (S77), but they are $900 each! I am sure I am missing something or skipping over somethings, so I am asking for any suggestions. I thank you in advance!
i to struggled with buying new wheels, style and size and price I ended up buying hurst wheels

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i to struggled with buying new wheels, style and size and price I ended up buying hurst wheels
I like the Hurst wheels, especially the Stunners in all Chrome... but my wife hates them, and since she has financed at least half that car I need to pay attention!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts

Equation:

I put after market wheels on my RT plus with in 6 month , took that long to make up my mind,,lol
I wanted chrome and something different,
First I need to know what finish Black , mat or shiney black finish, chrome , etc ,then size
I can not fine the sites I used ( google) but you can bring up you car with its body color and put the different wheels on it get a better idea
Your budget is good you should be able to fine some nice wheels .
It's such a personal thing ,, as long as you like them .
Happy hunting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I put after market wheels on my RT plus with in 6 month , took that long to make up my mind,,lol
I wanted chrome and something different,
First I need to know what finish Black , mat or shiney black finish, chrome , etc ,then size
I can not fine the sites I used ( google) but you can bring up you car with its body color and put the different wheels on it get a better idea
Your budget is good you should be able to fine some nice wheels .
It's such a personal thing ,, as long as you like them .
Happy hunting
Wow, those are nice. I've seen those somewhere, but now everything is looking the same and I'm getting things confused... lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts