Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
So whaddya think, guys? Did the higher ups at Chrysler hear our Challengertalk envoy and tune out wheel hop on the new 392?
Can't get a peep out of them for anything now. Looks like we may have shamed them in to reversing their strategy about charging more for the stick because it came with hop. Now the auto costs more. Everyone just raves over Mr Frederick and the scat pack team adores him. Ask him about the hop. I have plenty of email of what Bob and eng was doing for us and Bob had the hop too. He is in bed with them day in and day out and wont comment on it either since big Ralph brought the gavel down. If it's fixed or markedly better we should know before too long but not because anyone who could tell us would.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My friend just bought a Mopar 10 with super track pac, front and rear shock tower braces, F1's and it still hops.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
There is a vid posted on another thread where you can clearly hear the IE 392 hop on the shift to second. That's a real bummer cause you are talking 11's. I was cautiously optimistic they took it to task. Nope. Sent the vid to Gilles and SRT just so they know we already know the problem will remain with us. Sad but I've come to realize you can't have everything if spending only 50K.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My previous '06 Mustang GT had wheel hop from the factory, but a simple swap of lower control arms ($200) fixed it.... of course it was solid axle though not IRS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts