Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on suspension components to reduce wheel hop. Anyone tried Hop Not or BMR etc?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Trailing arms won’t fix it. The guy that makes or who ever makes his hop not kits won’t answer the phone. I called and called and called. Nothing
For stock cars with stock hp a good set of tires helps. But in the end the ONLY fix it to replace the cradle bushings. That is what I am doing next month. Anyone that says replacing trailing arms or control arms is fooling themselves. Or they don’t make enough power.
The factory bushings are for smooth ride. And rubber bushings is a issue with any independent suspension no matter our cars mustangs ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
^^^^^This....get rid of those rubber bushings. Did mine this winter and hop is completely gone.

Stock bushings

Poly bushings

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,477 Posts
My Whiteline cradle bushings are due to arrive today. I'll put up the results after they are installed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a BMR trailing arm on order with some Whiteline lower bushings for the arm. I heard that got rid of "most" of the wheel hop on an SRT with an A8 automatic. It's something you can do yourself in an hour for under $150. The cradle bushing I heard eliminates it, but it's a bit of a PAIN to install as you have to drop the rear end. You might try the trailing arm and see if it's enough.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Wheel hop is one thing, but what I also notice is the brief back and forth motion when I come to a stop...it is rather annoying. Do you guys notice this also?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wheel hope is one thing, but what I also notice is the brief back and forth motion when I come to a stop...it is rather annoying. Do you guys notice this also?
I guess I've never noticed, I'll have to pay close attention

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Wheel hop is one thing, but what I also notice is the brief back and forth motion when I come to a stop...it is rather annoying. Do you guys notice this also?
I've never noticed that but the "bucking" when trying to go real slow in first gear is drastically cut too now.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Where did you get your bushings from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts