Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit 19 or 18 inches into their car? I need someone with experience to tell me some problems.I need someone with experience to tell me some problems.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,073 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit 19 or 18 inches into their car? I need someone with experience to tell me some problems.I need someone with experience to tell me some problems.
Simple answer is yes. It gets slightly more complex if you have the 6 piston front brakes. Rears are no problem on any Challenger I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
It would help if you told us the year and what trim level your Challenger is. As was said, if you have 6 piston brakes, that's another ballgame.

Also, are you going to buy Mopar wheels or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,065 Posts
I'm running 18" wheels with no problems, and you can see them in my garage here...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

I downsized to 18’s over a year ago from factory 20’s . SOME 18’s may fit factory brembos, i used 3mm spacers to clear my 6 piston brembos but i think they are more low profile then the brembos. Either way im using stt 14.25” rotors.

Another big factor is keeping your overall tire height. Outside diameter that is. Smaller wheel = bigger tire. Unfortunately, 80% of options on 18’s that we need are truck tires. The only exceptions being nitto nt555’s (great tire) or your pick of drag radials.

Looking back, I probably would have done 19’s or a custom set of 20’s.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

I downsized to 18’s over a year ago from factory 20’s . SOME 18’s may fit factory brembos, i used 3mm spacers to clean my 6 piston brembos but i think they are more low profile then the brembos. Either way im using stt 14.25” rotors.

Another big factor is keeping your overall tire height. Outside diameter that is. Smaller wheel = bigger tire. Unfortunately, 80% of options on 18’s that we need are truck tires. The only exceptions being nitto nt555’s (great tire) or your pick of drag radials.

I made the change to be able to run decent drag radials on mine, but for the street I'm running Nitto Motivos in the front and the 555s in the rear. BTW, my setup is the same height as stock, front and rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would help if you told us the year and what trim level your Challenger is. As was said, if you have 6 piston brakes, that's another ballgame.

Also, are you going to buy Mopar wheels or aftermarket?
my car is Dodge challenger 392 Hemi scat pack shaker, I was rebuilt my car, and then I will take part in the track. Now I'm thinking about my wheels and tires because a lot of brands don't make our cars. I came here to ask about the impact of reducing hub and tire size on driving and braking.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Does it affect driving and braking? Under intense driving conditions.
It improved the handling and I have no braking problems. Note that I do not have spacers for my wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I downsized to 18’s over a year ago from factory 20’s . SOME 18’s may fit factory brembos, i used 3mm spacers to clean my 6 piston brembos but i think they are more low profile then the brembos. Either way im using stt 14.25” rotors.

Yes, I'm thinking about 19 inches, and I'm looking into whether it has any effect on the brake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts