Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Gorilla Guard today and they have a new set of 20 wheel locks for Challenger factory 20" wheels !
# 96643c ( c for chrome or b for black )
SFX Performance sells them for $ 71.61 plus postage .
Probably the best wheel security on the market ! ( barring a .40 S & W )

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I called Gorilla Guard today and they have a new set of 20 wheel locks for Challenger factory 20" wheels !
# 96643c ( c for chrome or b for black )
SFX Performance sells them for $ 71.61 plus postage .
Probably the best wheel security on the market ! ( barring a .40 S & W )
Just curious but why would you need 20 wheel locks for the Challenger. I only got one for each wheel. It's not noticeable except to a thief. Just wondering... :scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have the Gorilla lock System on all my cars. I figure it's cheap insurance, plus the look is consistent among all the lug nuts. Check amazon. com for prices. I always get mine from them.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yes, I have them on my Classic and they look great.

·
Super Moderator
13,957 Posts
How about the set thru Mopar parts,how do they look with the Classic,s wheels?
They are McGard locks and are not as secure as the Gorilla locks with the spinning sleeves. The spinning sleeves prevent thieves from removing the locking lug by hammering on an oversize socket with cutting threads.

It is recommended that you install at least two Gorilla locks per wheel (opposite each other). If you install only one, thieves can remove the non-locking lugs, jack your car up and then drop it to break off the locking lug.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread. As a recent victim of wheel theft on my Challenger, I installed the Gorilla "system" on my SRT-8. However, when I called Gorilla directly, they said that the Gorilla Guard or the Gorilla Guard II (the one with the spinning sleeve) was NOT a fit on my 2011 Challenger. I asked why and said it had the same thread size and pitch and the responded that it has less surface area on the rim. I ordered the system from Brandsport and the saleman even said the same thing. They both said that 96643C was the correct wheel lock system for a 2011 SRT-8 Challenger.

I asked Gorilla if they planned on or were making the Gorilla Guard or Gorilla Guard II for Dodge Challengers and she said not at this time. The original poster is correct. Trust me - I really wanted the spinning collar Guard/Guard II's but safety is more important to me.

Take it for what it is worth, but I did contact the manufacturer. I noticed that a lot of people on here use the Gorilla Guard locks with the collar and they are not suggested or recommended on (at least) my 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 with stock SRT-8 wheels.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm sick of thieves, its really pathetic that instead of working hard for what they want, they'll just steal from someone else or damage that whom have better stuff.

Sooner or later, people will take the law into their own hands and then people will complain about how they got hurt for stealing, in which the court will favor the rapists/thieves/murderers over the victim that took action to defend themselves or their property.

I just feel that our law needs to be more strict like in certain Middle-East laws.

Middle-East: Male attempts rape on an 8 yr old girl, guy gets 7800 lashes. You honestly think he'll try to rape again? I'm sure the second attempt will be a death penalty.

What do we do? stuff em in a prison thats overfilled and once they're out, they committ the same fkn crime like the two teenagers in Texas that were raped/cut up by the same guy that attempted to rape them before AND he was thrown in jail due to three other assaults BEFORE he killed those two girls.

I know I am going overboard with the assaults but stealing is stealing. Person should be given a heavy punishment to encourage others not to do the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts