Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new 2010 R/T Classic came with a set of wheel locks that I assume came from the factory not the dealer. We also got the 5 lug nuts that were replaced by the locking nuts. I see pictures of a number of cars with no wheels locks. Did you decide to remove the locking nuts or is my assumption about them coming from the factory incorrect?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't think they came from the factory that way or you wouldn't have the ones that came off. They didn't give me the other door sills or shifter handle that I don't have installed because I have the Mopar interior package. My 2010 RT Classic didn't have locking lug nuts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't have them either. Those are probably aftermarket.... probably because that particular dealer has a problem on their lot. :(

·
Registered
558 Posts
My 2010 RT (not classic) had wheel locks when I purchased, AND the empty packaging stuck in the console with the tool (the dealer put them on, in other words). Never thought to ask for my other nuts. This dealer said they had wheels stolen in the past. My other intown dealer one time had 2 or 3 chargers on landscaping blocks, no wheels. I was looking at them, thinking, "what the ??!!" Then I realized they must have been stolen a few nights before. Good thing about the locks, is that I saw some on the shelf at the dealer, and was thinking about purchasing, when I realized it already had some on it. Thank your dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine did not come with wheel locks, bought them from Mopar DirectConnection with the Bonus Bucks while they had that program going on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, they are McGard locks in Mopar packaging. From what I'm hearing from you folks, the dealer must toss them in without even telling me that they are a gift from him. As for the number of lugnuts, 2ndgen, I guess I had a little trouble counting: 1 -- 2 -- 4 -- 5 should have been 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4. Thanks for the correction; I'll attribute my miscount to being 60+ years old. :ugh:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yes, they are McGard locks in Mopar packaging. From what I'm hearing from you folks, the dealer must toss them in without even telling me that they are a gift from him. As for the number of lugnuts, 2ndgen, I guess I had a little trouble counting: 1 -- 2 -- 4 -- 5 should have been 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4. Thanks for the correction; I'll attribute my miscount to being 60+ years old. :ugh:
NP. I just always worry when I'm leaving the mechanic and he hands me "leftover" parts... lol.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My guess is the dealer wasn't being generous but had had problems with wheels getting ripped off in the past and those lug nuts were cheaper than his deductable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts