Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slashed my tires, and gouged my rim. through the entire ordeal I discovered a slightly bent rim. 20" Chrome Clad. I am looking for 1. if anyone has one available PM me.

:woowoo:

Attachments

Q

·
0 Posts
slashed my tires, and gouged my rim. through the entire ordeal I discovered a slightly bent rim. 20" Chrome Clad. I am looking for 1. if anyone has one available PM me.

:woowoo:
Have you checked into having the wheel straightened out? I have had this done on domestic and European wheels steel and aluminum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked into having the wheel straightened out? I have had this done on domestic and European wheels steel and aluminum.
I havent looked into it because there are some pretty nasty knife gouges on one of the spokes and a scratch about 7 inches long across another.
just out of curiosity, where do you get that done? becasue if i got new tires put on at a place that could have but didnt recommend straightening out the rim i will be pretty pi$$ed off

Q

·
0 Posts
I havent looked into it because there are some pretty nasty knife gouges on one of the spokes and a scratch about 7 inches long across another.
just out of curiosity, where do you get that done? becasue if i got new tires put on at a place that could have but didnt recommend straightening out the rim i will be pretty pi$$ed off
I've always used custom wheel companies or at least a company who specializes in wheel refinishing.

I had wheels on my BMW refinished (painted and polished) and they also checked and straightened a couple of them at the same time. Cost me all of $150 per wheel.

With the finish of your wheel(s) it may be best to just replace them.

·
Super Moderator
13,700 Posts
I've always used custom wheel companies or at least a company who specializes in wheel refinishing.I had wheels on my BMW refinished (painted and polished) and they also checked and straightened a couple of them at the same time. Cost me all of $150 per wheel. With the finish of your wheel(s) it may be best to just replace them.
That's what I recommend. Wheel refinishers can do a good job with metal wheels, but I don't think they can do much with gouged plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
What's the story behind the incident, someone out at night f'in with peoples cars?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the story behind the incident, someone out at night f'in with peoples cars?
Just a bad day all together. make a long story short...

I was at my buddys house which is located on main street about an 1/4 mile away from the state police barracks. My car was on the street becasue the driveway was full. In the driveway was an srt8 jeep, and 2 BMW 335is and and of course a pontiac grand prix. (so they could have ruined a bunch of peoples days)

Had a few drinks so naturally i wouldnt think about driving home. I wake up the next morning and my drivers side is sitting on the ground. 1/2 inch slice through the tire wall on driver front and rear.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Wow, we've got somebody out here in Portland slicing tires, convertible tops AND motorcycles seats. They've done over $100,000 in damage already in the last few months. They have yet to catch them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, we've got somebody out here in Portland slicing tires, convertible tops AND motorcycles seats. They've done over $100,000 in damage already in the last few months. They have yet to catch them.

Id rather someone come after me than the things i put my money and hardwork into. Its just frustrating. I dont mind spending the money if something needs to be replaced, but this wasnt necessary.

Needless to say i am hoping i can come across 1 of these wheels on here. I will be taking it into the shop on thursday for an unrelated issue.

if they happen to find the person....:bash::deadhorse::armed:

Q

·
0 Posts
You may have the best luck in searching a local salvage yard as it will likely be difficult to purchase only 1 or 2 wheels rather than a set of 4.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
If you can find the part #, try supporting vendor All Mopar Parts, or Steve White Motors, and even eBay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may have the best luck in searching a local salvage yard as it will likely be difficult to purchase only 1 or 2 wheels rather than a set of 4.

I have already searched surrounding junkyards. I am keeping my eye on the forum. Its drivable just have to keep it under 100. I will probably cave and buy a new one at some point

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Insurance claim? or would it not cover it? Look on here saw a guy a while back selling two wheels.
insurance would have covered the cost of the tires. but it worked out where i would have had to pay the 500$ deductable and it would have saved me 35$

rather than dealing with the hassle i just came out of pocket. i got a deal for the F1's

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So...they didn't steal it? They just ****ed it up and left?

Reminds me of Pulp Fiction.
they just :2232censored:ed it up and left it.

I guess the worst part about it was that my sister had passed 2 days before, and I was blowing off some steam with some friends. Then I wake up to that. It was not a good weekend.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
they just :2232censored:ed it up and left it.

I guess the worst part about it was that my sister had passed 2 days before, and I was blowing off some steam with some friends. Then I wake up to that. It was not a good weekend.
Wow, sorry for your loss. As others have mentioned a wheel shop may be able to help.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts