Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this or something like it to clean the wheel nuts and cavity on the wheels???

eShine Canada: Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner

For the price I am thinking I will get it but if someone has past experience and it is not good I would prefer not to waste the money and instead buy a gallon or two of gas for the girl :)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Has anyone ever used this or something like it to clean the wheel nuts and cavity on the wheels???

eShine Canada: Clean Wheel Nut and Cavity Cleaner

For the price I am thinking I will get it but if someone has past experience and it is not good I would prefer not to waste the money and instead buy a gallon or two of gas for the girl :)
I have this & it sucks. The foam collapse's in the tool & doesn't get into the deep part of the lug. Such a waste. The clearance between the rim & nut is to close for it to work right.
Get a small boars hair detail brush, it works great.
One like this:
Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I have one that looks the same and it works great on my 09 SRT wheels. It will not work at all on the 10 Jeep wheels as it will not fit in the lug nut hole.

How well it works depends totally how well it fits your particular wheel.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I just learned growing up that you should always wash vigorously around your nuts, so that's what I do... :D

·
Super Moderator
14,721 Posts
Another low cost option is to use Q-tips soaked with Windex or a comparable cleaner. They work especially well cleaning locking lug nuts where there is little clearance.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just knew that this was going to be a thread that went downhill quickly...............you "boys" :nono:

Thanks for the opinions on this product. I was wondering if it would just collapse and not really work or if it would work great. I have locking lug nuts so I am thinking I will try to find a good boars hair brush instead and use it with some q-tips to really scrub those "nuts"

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I would think something that has stiff yet soft (is that an oxymoron?) bristles would get in there and clean out good around the nuts. I don't really have an issue with my stock nuts. But most of the time I pressure wash my car, and my rim nut recesses get pre-soaked liberally so the dirt comes out when I rinse.

Sorry for going down hill, it was just too easy to resist :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have this & it sucks. The foam collapse's in the tool & doesn't get into the deep part of the lug. Such a waste. The clearance between the rim & nut is to close for it to work right.
Get a small boars hair detail brush, it works great.
One like this:
Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush
....this is similar to what I use. Mine is a 1" round boars hair brush (BHB) with a rounded head. I use it for the lug nuts/holes, around the valve stem, calipers, edge of the rim of the wheel, etc. I have another one dedicated to painted surfaces (around window trim, mirrors, between body panels, etc.). I also use a larger BHB for the face of the wheels and an EZ Detail brush (similar to the Daytona Wheel brush) for the inner hubs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It works pretty good on my Dakota wheels. There are two sizes I think. I can understand how some may say it does not work on some wheels since it is very space dependent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts