Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked through a lot of offset posts and have not found anything on my setup... so here goes...

I have a 2012 SRT-8 and I added the MOPAR lowering springs.

I am shopping new wheels and would like 20x9 and 20x10.5. I do not want the tires to rub, and since my car is lower than an SRT-8 by about an inch, what would be an ideal offset? I'm probably going to go with 285/40/20 tires on the back. I know I could go larger, but I worry about rubbing...

Comments, please. Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good question. I have a sp16. Lower springs(H&R) and tires are really close to the fenders.
2 considerations
1. Lowering has increased my camber a lot (-2.5/ 3°)
2. I have rubbed in hard cornering in the inner part with OEM and 275( i was in a road course track )
I've spoken with factoryreproductions and they say with their +25mm offset rims you could run 305mm with no problem.
I personally doubted it. And they changed a little bit saying some people put a 3mm spacer that fixed the problem of internal rubbing.
They also told me that any tire width section below 12.5 inc should be good.
And As you know all tires are different( meaning 285 conti is different that 285 firestone)
Probably 285 should be good though

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the same 12 SRT8. Got 275/40s. On the rear too. My tire shop didn't have any problems taking my $ and trying to fit 315s on, but not happening on those wheels lol. If your gonna buy wheels anyway, figure the tire you want, get the right size wheel and order them with whatever offset you need for that package. Better yet, go buy a couple black lower end 16X11s with the offset and a couple of bias ply drag radials. 15min swap lol.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
+18mm front and +25mm rear
You can go up to 315s in the back but you might need to trim the wheel wells a little (just saw someone with this setup on a 2013 SRT8 at a car show).
305s will be safe.
You also need to roll the fenders.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Wasp with 305 ,do you need to roll the fender?

I imagine you would but not 100% sure.
I’d also like to mention that tire width differ between tire manufacturers with the same specs. So let’s say if you go with Nitto 315 Tires you may not need to alter the wheel wells. Nittos run a little narrower than most other tires.
I personally won’t go with 305s just because I’d want to run the same diameter tires front and back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts
You have a 2016 right? The fenders are rolled from the factory

A Guy

·
Registered
219 Posts
You have a 2016 right? The fenders are rolled from the factory

A Guy
I know. But as I said before ,one of my rear tire(275) rubbed in the inner part. (Probably during hard cornering on the track)
So I'm just worry that with new wheels and 305 will rub. People suggested 3mm spacer to avoid it. Do y ou know anything?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
+18mm front and +25mm rear
You can go up to 315s in the back but you might need to trim the wheel wells a little (just saw someone with this setup on a 2013 SRT8 at a car show).
305s will be safe.
You also need to roll the fenders.
Btw Waps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts