Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go back to a OEM wheel 20x8, and I want widen the stance ( with my car being lowered, I don't want to hide the wheel in the wheel well ) what are any recommendations on wheels spacers to make it look on the outside similar to what I am running now. 20x9 , 20x10 Viper replicas.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
sorry buts whats wrong with leaving the vipers on your car... it looks awesome!

honestly i think the only way is to put stock wheels/tires on your car, and then take measurements

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Why in the world would you consider changing whats done right now. Your car is so nice. Not to relevant but I just put 25mm spacers on with stock 20x9 with a 275 and this what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you.

Was just wanting to change the look. How low did you go with your coil overs?

Lastly where did you get the the wheels spacers?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thank you.

Was just wanting to change the look. How low did you go with your coil overs?

Lastly where did you get the the wheels spacers?
No prob.

The coilovers are just hugging the fronts and about an inch higher than the rear tires with wheel well.

I bought the hubcentric spacers from booyaka here on the forums. Just found out today the rears are rubbing the wheel well lip in dips and fast turns with the 275s. So I might sell these and go 15mm. Although its the look im after I rather save my tires and wheel wells.

Heres a profile of my drop

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Looks great! I had to roll my wells, came out nice, can't even tell, I was rubbing pretty good.
Did you do it yourself and what method did you use?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to a shop. They used this tool that attaches to the rear wheel lugs. They heat the metal up with a heat gun and then took this tool on the inside of the well and rolled it back and forth. It was real quick, I was really nervous, but came out great.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Update: rolled my own fenders with a heat gun and used a wooden bat to push up the lip.
It resulted in no more tire rubbing. So happy cus before I couldn't even pull outta the driveway without slicing up the corner of the tires.

Reactions: raceheart77

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Update: rolled my own fenders with a heat gun and used a wooden bat to push up the lip.
It resulted in no more tire rubbing. So happy cus before I couldn't even pull outta the driveway without slicing up the corner of the tires.
Thanks for that info!. Not too many put on large adapters. Are you ever thinking about widening the rims? 315's would look awesome and still would fit because it will be stretched inwards.
Your 392 looks great.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks for that info!. Not too many put on large adapters. Are you ever thinking about widening the rims? 315's would look awesome and still would fit because it will be stretched inwards.
Your 392 looks great.
Yea I want to but prob wont for awhile. Does look really good though and our cars NEED a wider tire/wheel from the factory. Matter ah fact I was driving on the freeway today and was watching an sxt ahead of me and I couldnt believe dodge could put such a small skinny tire setup on these huge cars. Crazy.

Thank you btw!

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Thanx...

Why in the world would you consider changing whats done right now. Your car is so nice. Not to relevant but I just put 25mm spacers on with stock 20x9 with a 275 and this what it looks like.
I've been wanting to go with 275's and spacers. I didn't think 25mm would rub. Nice to know. I think I'll go without spacers initially. If I'm not happy I'll try the 15mm. Once again, thanx.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I've been wanting to go with 275's and spacers. I didn't think 25mm would rub. Nice to know. I think I'll go without spacers initially. If I'm not happy I'll try the 15mm. Once again, thanx.

I'm only rubbing cus I'm pretty low. I'd start with a 15mm. That sounds like a better route. Prob make the tire just flush with the body. Maybe a little less

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts