Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured from the outside of my side wall,(rear tire), to the outer edge of the fender and I have 3/4". The fronts measured 7/8". I have MOPAR stage one springs that are going on in a few weeks. Should I bring the wheels out so the side walls appear to look flush with the outer wheel wheels? Or is this just a matter of looks/opinion? I'm going for more of an aggressive look with out loosing any of the handling characteristics. While we are at it, would it be proper to do the fronts also, and would they be spaced out as much as the rears? Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
IMHO the tires should be tucked in some, 1/4" to 1/2" looks good, flush or sticking out is not good.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
IMHO the tires should be tucked in some, 1/4" to 1/2" looks good, flush or sticking out is not good.
I concur. Don't want them sticking out, as it looks too ghetto in most cases. Plus it will tear up your paint as the tires will sling rocks and debris. Plus if you are lowering it, you need to keep them inside the wheel well. I went with 9" wheels, but you can go 10.5" with the correct offset.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts