Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what they look like and how they mount, but why would you need them or want them?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Better looking stance and better handling.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Some have said that the wheels on the Challenger are to far under the car like a motor home, spacers push the wheels out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the wheels are pushed out won't they rub the fenders?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Maybe if the car is lowered, the spacers are around 20 of 25 mm so it's not a huge difference just enough to make it look good. I don't have them because I am going to put larger tires in the rear to help with the look.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for me it's for the looks. a wider stance looks a lot meaner…

Wow! Looks dope!! What type and size spacers are those. Just the rears? Does it affect the ride and or handling?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wow! Looks dope!! What type and size spacers are those. Just the rears? Does it affect the ride and or handling?
Thanks!

Motorsport-tech 20mm adapter spacers…running 30mm (soon to be 38mm) up front.

I rub a bit out back, but I don't take corners hard so I can't say I notice a difference in handling.

[email protected] size spacers, and what size rear tires?
Thanks!

20mm rear and 265/30 rear.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What wheel spacers would be best for me? I have a 13 stp challenger with 20 * 8 rims, going to be lowering with eibach sport lines soon

·
Registered
52 Posts
for me it's for the looks. a wider stance looks a lot meaner…

I love the way that looks, that's what this car should look like. Really Looks amazing, what an @$$ lol. Where did you get the offsets and was number are they? Also are you worried that if you added more power to your car you would shear the bolts off? I have a 100hp shot of NOS and I'm afraid with that little extra kit it will rip the tires right off the bolts. Do you know how man foot lbs of torque they would hold up too and have you had any bad experiences in the past?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the way that looks, that's what this car should look like. Really Looks amazing, what an @$$ lol. Where did you get the offsets and was number are they? Also are you worried that if you added more power to your car you would shear the bolts off? I have a 100hp shot of NOS and I'm afraid with that little extra kit it will rip the tires right off the bolts. Do you know how man foot lbs of torque they would hold up too and have you had any bad experiences in the past?
thanks man!

just measured distance from hub to fender and went from there.

started with a 5mm slip on spacer but it wasn't enough so then skipped all the way to 18mm and then 20mm adapters.

i'm not worried about the strength of these, as long as they are installed properly and torqued to specs, they should be almost as good as the stock studs.

Wide body kit?
nope, just looks that way :pimp:

·
Premium Member
876 Posts

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Looks great, did you lower the car? If so what did you go with?:bigthumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks man!

just measured distance from hub to fender and went from there.

started with a 5mm slip on spacer but it wasn't enough so then skipped all the way to 18mm and then 20mm adapters.

i'm not worried about the strength of these, as long as they are installed properly and torqued to specs, they should be almost as good as the stock studs.

nope, just looks that way :pimp:
Thanks man really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Awesome. Any issues running the spacers?
thanks and no problems after about a year.

The extra power that one would add to the car is a concern to me with spacers also driving very very fast. Should this be a concern
i guess anything aftermarket you run the risk of damaging something and not having the warranty to cover it, but the spacers i'm running are US built exactly to dodge wheel specs and made to order. i've spun the wheels plenty of times so personally, i'm not concerned :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts