Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired some 18x10 wheels for the rear of my 2010 M6 RT and have MT 305/45's on them. The rim is just hitting the rear sway bar. Am I right to assume that a spacer, say 0.5" would help take care of this, and give enough clearance, maybe could go smaller, 7/32"? Another question, the only spacers I'm finding are for a 78mm hub, or universal, so would a hub centric ring for 71.5mm hub to 78mm wheel work with the 78mm spacer (wanting to keep everything centered)? I also notice that the hub only protrudes about 0.5" from the front of the rotor hat. So that means, if a 0.5" spacer is used, the wheel is only being supported by the lug studs? Oh, shorter sway bar link would be the solution but I really don't want to go that route. Any advise?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading a few posts about this it looks like the largest spacer I could go on the stock studs is 6mm, fine, it may give enough clearance for the sway bar. The question still holds true about the "universal" spacer being 78mm and using a hub centric ring.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also noticed that the sway bar only hits while the rear suspension is at full droop. I put a jack stand under the lower arm, mounted the 18x10, and it clears by a good 1/2"

Maybe I don't need anything at all............?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
1. What is the offset on the wheels? You should not have any issues with a wheel that is maximum +30 offset. Anything higher and your 305s would definitely be hitting the inner liner.
2. I think you won't need anything after reading your 3rd post.

·
Registered
670 Posts
on a set of stock 18x 7.5 widened to 10 a would 25mm spacer ok?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
1. What is the offset on the wheels? You should not have any issues with a wheel that is maximum +30 offset. Anything higher and your 305s would definitely be hitting the inner liner.
2. I think you won't need anything after reading your 3rd post.
Dude you are very knowledgeable. You probably have forgotten more about Tire offset / backspacing than I ever knew... :D

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Dude you are very knowledgeable. You probably have forgotten more about Tire offset / backspacing than I ever knew... :D
Thanks ..I've been setting up wheels since the 80's when I would jam 15x11 Centerline autodrags on my rides. Wheels can make or break a car.
Now, ask me about a catch can and how it works or doesn't and I am a dummy lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just buy shorter sway bar end links and the sway bar will pull down and fit inside the wheel if needed

·
Registered
670 Posts
what tires are you running ? the biggest street tire I can find is 295/45/18 Nittos 555G2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts