Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after reading many post, and various other sites I have come to the following that I should follow these rules for my 2010 Dodge Challenger RT.

Bolt Pattern: 5x115
Center Bore: 71.5
Hardware:14x1.50 Lug

Offset:
Front: 07-20mm
Rear: 15-25mm

My question is this. Based on the numbers above that I have confirmed on various sites, why do the following wheels fit in the front without spacing issues????

For example
Dodge Charger/300 wheels from ebay have - 22offset
Mopar Police wheels have 31 offset.

So as you can see I am confused on this. I have chrome clad 20's now, and they have a 20 offset, so if the Police wheels have a 31 why dont thy stick out? EDIT: Now I understand positive offset pushes in towards the engine. Still doesnt something with to much xtreme offsets you can hit the control arm, or stresses the joint?? Yet, they look flush like my stock 20 offsets look. Maybe some of you experts could explain to me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@raceheart77, I have seen that site before. I kind of understand what its saying. I guess what I am trying to ask is I see the offsets on the police steel wheels are 31, and the above info states no matter what size rim you have 17,18,19,20...etc the max offset is in the range of 07-20mm FRONT, and 15-25 rear. That being said people are installing police package wheels, and dodge charger wheels. When there offsets dont fall in the range of safe specs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For this post sake we can just stick to the police wheels as the example. Now I'm not saying they dont work on RT challengers, because we all know they do from various members on this site. So if I use your link above and place in my year, model, make, and then input the specs of the police wheel

18x7.5 +31 this is what rimntires.com tells me.

This package is out of specs range (custom fit). 31mm offset is too high. Maximum recommended offset is 25mm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Max recommended offset is +25 and the steelies are +31. Take a ruler and actually look at 6mm. Its only about a quarter of an inch. There is plenty of room to move a wheel and tire a quarter of an inch inboard on a challenger. Remember the width of a wheel is measured from the bead to bead on the INSIDE of the wheel, NOT weight lip to weight lip on the outside. Steel wheels are a much thinner construction than aluminum as well. If you consider those facts, then you can easily see that the police steel wheel will set in approximately the same position as the stock aluminum challenger wheels. give or take about .25 of an inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts