Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been a topic a million times but going to the dealership today made me question everything I know.

I have a 2019 scatpack challenger. My vehicle came with 245s which is a sin. I asked the service person if I could fit 275s around all four, and he said that the back can but the front cannot because it will rub my wheel well when I turn saying because its lowered stance it will. (According to the manual my car came stock lowered.)

Is this service person correct?

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
A 275/40-20 tire will fit fine on the rear (see the photos of my SRT, below).

The same size on the front, with stock wheels is a very tight fit, without the proper positive offset. Back in 2009, the SRT engineers only advised a 245/45-20 as the widest tire for the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two questions- Is this a stock automobile and if so, how is yours lowered?
Yes it is completely stock. The service persons told me it was even though its stock.. For the lowered part I just read it somewhere in the manual because it warned me to watch out for curbs

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
505 Posts
Where in the manual does it indicate that the car is lowered? I am considering 275 tires all around

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My Scatpack came with the 275 with the dynamics package. If the car came with the 245 why can't it also fit the 275 like mine? Is my car different from the factory that would allow me to fit 275? I think it's slightly lowered from factory compared to maybe a 3.6 or 5.7. Wouldn't that make it harder for a 275 to fit?

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
509 Posts
My Scatpack came with the 275 with the dynamics package. If the car came with the 245 why can't it also fit the 275 like mine? Is my car different from the factory that would allow me to fit 275? I think it's slightly lowered from factory compared to maybe a 3.6 or 5.7. Wouldn't that make it harder for a 275 to fit?
What wheels do you have? It probably has to do with the offset on the wheels.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What wheels do you have? It probably has to do with the offset on the wheels.

They are the same as the 2017 hellcat wheels. It’s like 6 spoke satin black ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
This has probably been a topic a million times but going to the dealership today made me question everything I know.

I have a 2019 scatpack challenger. My vehicle came with 245s which is a sin. I asked the service person if I could fit 275s around all four, and he said that the back can but the front cannot because it will rub my wheel well when I turn saying because its lowered stance it will. (According to the manual my car came stock lowered.)

Is this service person correct?

View attachment 1000299
Outstanding Pic (y)
You have a 'Scat pack' and the the train in the background. Only thing missing is the 'girl'. :giggle:
Very cool,

I don't know, but those kinda look like the 'Black Noise wheels' that came on my 2019 Scat pack

Great pic,
best regards
parrott

Reactions: Novolius

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
509 Posts
They are the same as the 2017 hellcat wheels. It’s like 6 spoke satin black ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're wheels are different than mine. I have scat pack wheels on mine (car is not a SP but a RT Plus) and 245/45 came on the front with these wheels. Wanting to go 275 on front next time if they will fit.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
505 Posts
I have the 9 inch Black Noise wheels. I want to go with 275s if the fit. I thought they did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where in the manual does it indicate that the car is lowered? I am considering 275 tires all around
I had a booklet about the SRT performance pages which said it. I tried finding it but I don't know where I placed the booklet. That's what I was trying to do as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what got me so confused. I don't see how a scatpack that already comes with 275s doesn'r rub but me going from 245 -> 275 will

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
That's what got me so confused. I don't see how a scatpack that already comes with 275s doesn'r rub but me going from 245 -> 275 will
Because the factory 275 cars use an 18.5 mm offset wheel and the 245 cars use a 25.5 mm offset and the 25.5 moves the wheel in and closer to rubbing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
48 Posts
I found a set of the 5 spoke hellcat rims with 275/40 pzeros that are like new take offs for a really good price.

everything I’ve found online says the specs for that rim is 20x9.5 with +18.5mm.

Wheels are so damn confusing with all the sizing. I’m guessing these will fit a 19’ scat pack non wide body with brembos?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,003 Posts
Yes, those will fit

A Guy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts