Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local tire shop swapped on my new tires and balanced the tires. They pulled the old weights and adhered some new weights withour removing the old adhesive.

Have a few questions

1) What is best way to remove adhesive?
2) If I remove the adhesive do we think they will need rebalance?
3) If needs rebalance, should I just remove all the weights and adhesive and have them rebalance again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've always used Lacquer thinner and lots of rubbing...works great, just don't use on painted wheels!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I've always used Lacquer thinner and lots of rubbing...works great, just don't use on painted wheels!
same here i use it right on the paint it won't hurt it, once the clear is cured it aint coming off unless you sand it off. soon as i'm done a fresh coat of wax keeps the paint just fine been doing it for years and you can't tell where.
I would pull the wheels off and the weights clean them up and rebalance, if the guy is any good he can hide the weights behind the spoke.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
gone gone is laquer based just not enough in there

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover in the red can. Great for a 1001 things around the shop.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover in the red can. Great for a 1001 things around the shop.
i'll try that thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
someone else said the 3m stuff work real good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts