Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my factory Alcoa’s.

SO I need to widen them. I am at 700 hp and need traction. I am looking st weldcraft to widen

2 things.
A. Anyone used them and are you happy with the results

B. I want to powder coat these 2 colors. Either Matte black on the center and gloss on the inside rim or visa versa

Anyone have any knowledge of 2 color powder coat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't think you will find anyone that will widen a forged wheel (anyone that will warranty the wheel, structurally, at least). I definitely wouldn't trust the widening process at that power level.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weldcraft is the best in the business. And I already talked to them about it. I didn’t ask about a warranty. Warranty is for people that done work in there own cars lol

Reactions: Upstate 392

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Weldcraft is the best in the business. And I already talked to them about it. I didn’t ask about a warranty. Warranty is for people that done work in there own cars lol

I call dibs.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Show me the proof
So you are going to tell me that cheap cast are ok. ?

I didn’t ask for opinion on welded wheels did I? I asked if anyone as any experience with weldcraft and 2 color powder coat. So if you don’t then don’t waste my time typing and please don’t reply. Specially when you own a stock whatever it is. Not trying to be a Jerk but just saying

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Show me the proof
So you are going to tell me that cheap cast are ok. ?

I didn’t ask for opinion on welded wheels did I? I asked if anyone as any experience with weldcraft and 2 color powder coat. So if you don’t then don’t waste my time typing and please don’t reply. Specially when you own a stock whatever it is. Not trying to be a Jerk but just saying

The whole point to forged wheels is that they're milled from a single piece of aluminum.

As soon as you do anything other than mill it some more, you're going to start losing structural integrity.

·
Registered
670 Posts
weldcraft

I had weldcraft do mine now I have 295's on :)

Attachments

Reactions: 1968rt

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
From everything that I've ever read in the wheel business, Weld Craft is the best and only place to go to have ANY wheel widened. I'm going to use them to widen a Set of Billet Specialties GTX03's from 8' to 11's on a project car I have in the garage. They are top notch, and do quality work in a timely manor.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics and info

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I used Weldcraft to widen Camaro wheels 2" I ran on my G8, from 20x8 to 20x10.

I sold the car and wheels over 5yrs ago, but I am in contact with the buyer still and there are no issues.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Another popular option if you're on the west coast is Eric Vaughn.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Old G8

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts