Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of these. Has anyone used them and can report on them?
It's so hard on my bad back to clean my 11" deep wheel barrels.
Do these really help? Had a 4.9 out of 5 rating.
Can't wait to see if they make wheel cleaning a little easier!

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel woolies are great. I use them and have had different ones over the years.
Who did you buy them from? I use Adam's Polishes .
If you need a lesson on wheel and tire cleaning , hit me up.
exterior-wheel-tire-brushes
I got these. Don't usually order things like this on Amazon but the reviews were very good.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,476 Posts
Back when I had rims that I could clean the barrels of, I would use a microfiber duster I found at the local Kroger grocery store:

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Scat Pack WB; Octane Red, M6
45 Posts
This is awesome. Been using these for years - works great, is soft so no scratches and its narrow enough to fit between the spokes. It won't go between the 6pot brembo calipers and devil rims though. Just found that out recently. It will fit between the regular 4pot brembos and the rims for a full 360 clean.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
I have 3 different size wheel woolies ;) Although my wheels make it relatively easy to clean the barrel and between the spokes. They have changed the design since I got mine, mine are all black and quite fluffy

A Guy

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
289 Posts
Those look cool; would be useful on my GF's Highlander. Those wheels are a nightmare! :mad: I can reach all the way through my Heritage II's by hand, so no need for them on my Challenger. :cool:

Thanks for the link!

Cheers,

JD

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back when I had rims that I could clean the barrels of, I would use a microfiber duster I found at the local Kroger grocery store:

View attachment 1024818
Looks like it would work.

This is awesome. Been using these for years - works great, is soft so no scratches and its narrow enough to fit between the spokes. It won't go between the 6pot brembo calipers and devil rims though. Just found that out recently. It will fit between the regular 4pot brembos and the rims for a full 360 clean.

Yes, the spot between the 6 piston Brembos and the rim (carbon black option) is where I am trying to get to.

I have 3 different size wheel woolies ;) Although my wheels make it relatively easy to clean the barrel and between the spokes. They have changed the design since I got mine, mine are all black and quite fluffy

A Guy
Yes, the 3 piece kit is what I ordered.
5 star rating.

Those look cool; would be useful on my GF's Highlander. Those wheels are a nightmare! :mad: I can reach all the way through my Heritage II's by hand, so no need for them on my Challenger. :cool:

Thanks for the link!

Cheers,

JD
My wife has a Highlander too.
Guess they will get double duty!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Those aren't actual Wheel Woolies, but I imagine they are just as good

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
I've been using this one for years, long enough to clean the deep barrels on my 11" WB wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
Lol, sorry...wheel woolies has become generic like Kleenex, or Jello

A Guy

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I got these. Don't usually order things like this on Amazon but the reviews were very good.
I love them and they work great though I like Mantis love Adams. The benefit that might make them better or easier to use than the ones you purchased are the ones I use are angled. The angle seems to really help getting all the way to the back of the rim and any hard to reach spot. They really keep the rims clean. Use should like them as they are better than just using a big brush (I use both for the best cleaning job).

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger 5.7 6-speed
164 Posts
I use Wooly Wormit and Chemical guys car wash soap when cleaning any wheels on the inside. No problems with wires or something to scratch wheels. Hot soapy & water kills the brake dust with this tool. Then I use a microfiber sponge on outside of the wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great, I think I'll grab a set. I have Adams' Polishes Wheel Woolies and I can always use more. Look inside my garage, you can see them hanging on my Adam's Tire shelf.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I use a microfiber towel wrapped around a wooden paint stir stick. It allows me to clean the barrel part of the wheel. For the outside part of the wheel, I use the microfiber towel and if the dust is fairly light, I use Maguire's Waterless wash or wax or Ceramic Detailer. If the dust is a little heavier, I use a car wash soap mixed in a half bucket of water and a wash mitt.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use a microfiber towel wrapped around a wooden paint stir stick. It allows me to clean the barrel part of the wheel. For the outside part of the wheel, I use the microfiber towel and if the dust is fairly light, I use Maguire's Waterless wash or wax or Ceramic Detailer. If the dust is a little heavier, I use a car wash soap mixed in a half bucket of water and a wash mitt.
" wooden paint stir stick"
Great idea! My tire woolies won't fit between the front caliper and the barrel. A flat paint stir stick for a 5 gallon bucket would be perfect.
See ya, gotta go to Lowes!

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser
1 - 20 of 21 Posts