Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Slidd posted (I forget which thread) that he saw June 8th. Have not seen anything official but that's the most concrete date I've seen.
I think it was also posted that 2018 production begins on July 24, so that makes sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted several dealers and currently they do not know when the 18's can be ordered. Hopefully its soon!

·
Registered
515 Posts
It seems dealers are the last to know. I am ready to order ASAP and have been stalking the forum to see if Resumespeed posts an 18 info thread, not that I am expecting any big changes from 17.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It seems dealers are the last to know. I am ready to order ASAP and have been stalking the forum to see if Resumespeed posts an 18 info thread, not that I am expecting any big changes from 17.
Curious...Why a 2018? Probably snag a great deal on a 2017 and its only June. Is there something in the 2018 coming out?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Curious...Why a 2018? Probably snag a great deal on a 2017 and its only June. Is there something in the 2018 coming out?
Can't find what I want. Don't want to settle for something missing an wanted option this close to order time. I would not be surprised if there are 0 changes in 18.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
There's always changes under the skin even if you can't see them, the cars are constantly evolving and hopefully improving every year. The 2017 Uconnect has had its share of issues so hopefully the 18s will be better. And 15 colors next year, the most ever.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am hoping for a better standard wheel for the RT Plus Shaker and the SXT Plus. Have not made up my mind on which to get.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Some more wheel options would be nice. I would like to get the hyper 2 wheels with the blacktop package but pretty sure they won't do that. Would like if these were a bit more a la carte.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Second week of June I was told but these early cars will all be dealer stock not customer ordered cars for the first few weeks of production. Aug. builds that you would get Early Sept. at best I was told. Plenty of A8 auto's around out west with all kinds of options. 6 speed manual cars not so much. There 2 within 600 miles for 17's. Funny thing is there were more 16's still around than 17's. I looked at a couple but you could make a better deal on a 2017 than you could on 2016! More factory rebates and incentives. Even at the same price why would you take a 3 year old car. Crazy. I did see where they listed the 2018 Demon colors which should translate to other Challenger colors for 2018. Plum Crazy is back. Wife vetoed it and Orange the wench! Ended up with Pitch Black. Contusion Blue looked fantastic on the Scat Pack on the dealer floor. Could find that color anywhere with the options I wanted.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Second week of June I was told but these early cars will all be dealer stock not customer ordered cars for the first few weeks of production. Aug. builds that you would get Early Sept. at best I was told. Plenty of A8 auto's around out west with all kinds of options. 6 speed manual cars not so much. There 2 within 600 miles for 17's. Funny thing is there were more 16's still around than 17's. I looked at a couple but you could make a better deal on a 2017 than you could on 2016! More factory rebates and incentives. Even at the same price why would you take a 3 year old car. Crazy. I did see where they listed the 2018 Demon colors which should translate to other Challenger colors for 2018. Plum Crazy is back. Wife vetoed it and Orange the wench! Ended up with Pitch Black. Contusion Blue looked fantastic on the Scat Pack on the dealer floor. Could find that color anywhere with the options I wanted.
Seems like within 500 miles of me anything with leather and decent options has a sunroof, and that is a deal killer for me. Found exactly what I want in a scat pack 1140 miles away, closest I came. Could not find a 5.7 with what I want.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not ordering anything until the rebates come back anyway. All of them pretty much dried up on Dodges website. Only thing I can see is Conquest $1K and Military for $500. Neither of which I qualify for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why no sunroof? Weight up high and the flex? I could take it or leave it to be honest. One didn't have the roof but I didn't want another gray or silver car. Black with sun roof was my only other choice. I had the roof and windows wide open yesterday making some sales calls. Life is good.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why no sunroof? Weight up high and the flex? I could take it or leave it to be honest. One didn't have the roof but I didn't want another gray or silver car. Black with sun roof was my only other choice. I had the roof and windows wide open yesterday making some sales calls. Life is good.
Would never use it, kills way too much headroom, hate how it looks on a Challenger. Combine that with the possibility of future problems (leaks/rattles) which are unlikely but possible, all for an extra 1k.

Personal preference, I even have a friend or two who likes sunroofs but man they are not for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know if there will be an option for pearl white seats? I hear this was a limited availability option at one time.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Some more wheel options would be nice. I would like to get the hyper 2 wheels with the blacktop package but pretty sure they won't do that. Would like if these were a bit more a la carte.
They offer a Satin Vapor Package that has those wheels and other blackout stuff but the stripe is a single stripe over the top. Or if you just order Super Track Pack you will get the same wheels
Does anyone know if there will be an option for pearl white seats? I hear this was a limited availability option at one time.
It's not pearl but the black/white interior is available but only on SXT Plus or 5.7L R/T Plus without Shaker.

·
Registered
515 Posts
They offer a Satin Vapor Package that has those wheels and other blackout stuff but the stripe is a single stripe over the top. Or if you just order Super Track Pack you will get the same wheels

Those are the granite crystal wheels aren't they? The ones I want are the stand alone 20 X 9 $1095 option, standard on the 5.7 T/A.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
The ones I want are the stand alone 20 X 9 $1095 option, standard on the 5.7 T/A.
Oh ok, those are available on all Shakers and Scats and on 5.7L R/T or R/T Plus, with or without Super Track Pack.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Oh ok, those are available on all Shakers and Scats and on 5.7L R/T or R/T Plus, with or without Super Track Pack.

Ya, but I am being super picky this time, as I will be keeping it for awhile and putting a ton of miles on it. I don't want an ounce of chrome or plastic-chrome on it. If I go 5.7 It will be a blacktop, 6.4 would have SPAG. Scat Pack with SPAG and the Hyper 2s is exactly the look I want, but the engine is overkill for my driving style and the amount of use it will get. I don't love the blacktop wheels but I don't hate them either.

Will see if 18 offers anything different, but will be happy whichever I go with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts