Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when B5 Blue will be available for Order in the SRT 392 package? My dealer says it's not available yet, but they don't have any certain ETA on when either.

Thanks in Advance.

David

·
Registered
212 Posts
seems likeI saw some documentation online stating that B5 blue would be late availbility, with build dates starting in Nov, thats where the worry about getting a Sublime Shaker is coming from, the speculation is that B5 blue is going to replace Sublime or Torred in one of the spray tanks, and that with both B5 and the Shaker option being listed as late availibility, unless the Shakers start coming out before they change colors, you may not be able to order one with both.

AFAIK the SRTs share the same paint shop as the other challengers/chargers, if I am wrong, maybe Brampton will chime in and let us know

·
Registered
37 Posts
seems likeI saw some documentation online stating that B5 blue would be late availbility, with build dates starting in Nov, thats where the worry about getting a Sublime Shaker is coming from, the speculation is that B5 blue is going to replace Sublime or Torred in one of the spray tanks, and that with both B5 and the Shaker option being listed as late availibility, unless the Shakers start coming out before they change colors, you may not be able to order one with both.

AFAIK the SRTs share the same paint shop as the other challengers/chargers, if I am wrong, maybe Brampton will chime in and let us know
I never heard that Torred was possibly going to be replaced. I have seen a lot of questions on the forum about the Sublime green shakers. I'm looking to order an SRT 392 in Torred, but I was planning on waiting until February. So I should be concerned now?

·
Registered
212 Posts
from RS posting on the first page of the 2015 page

2015 Exterior Colors:

All models (including SRT and Hellcat):

Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Pitch Black Clear Coat
TorRed Clear Coat

All models except as noted (including SRT and Hellcat):

B5 Blue (n/a on SXT or SXT Plus) (late availability, November 3, 2014 production launch)
Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl (n/a on shaker models, n/a on SXT)
Jazz Blue Pearl Coat (n/a on shaker models)
Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl (n/a on shaker models, n/a on SXT)
Redline 3 (n/a on shaker models) (late availability, September 1, 2014 production launch)
Sublime Metallic Clear Coat (n/a on SXT or SXT Plus)
My thinking (complete guess based on the historic patterns) is that Redline 3 will replace Torred and then B5 will replace Sublime. As all 4 of these colors are considered to be heritage or "high impact" colors they dont normally carry them over from year to year if they are even offered for a full model year, Torred is currently available on a 2014 so my thinking is it will be a limited (short) run for the 2015s then be replaced with another heritage color (either B5 or Redline)

if it falls close to the shaker availbility then there may be minimum overlap resulting in the inability to ORDER exactly what you want, even tho some make make it in as dealer orders

·
Registered
16,294 Posts
I never heard that Torred was possibly going to be replaced. I have seen a lot of questions on the forum about the Sublime green shakers. I'm looking to order an SRT 392 in Torred, but I was planning on waiting until February. So I should be concerned now?
I'm not exactly sure what this means but this is from page 14 of the 2015 Press Release:

High-impact colors give a nod to the past; colors range from B5 Blue to Sublime
Many of the most memorable paint colors in automotive history have been found on the Dodge
Challenger. Celebrating the muscle-car's 45-year history, the 2015 Dodge Challenger will be available
in Bright White, Pitch Black, Granite Crystal, Billet Silver, Jazz Blue and Redline Red. Premium threecoat
colors include Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl and Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl. And for those who
want a throwback shade, heritage high-impact B5 Blue, TorRed and Sublime Green paint colors are
also available for a limited time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Everyone, so it looks like first part of November I should be able to order the car in B5 Blue. Appreciate the quick response -- David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts