Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this sucker being built? No more speculation, I want to know for sure!! The suspense is killing me!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Heh, I have been thinking the same thing. I have put an SRT8 Charger out of my mind for this car. I will be one of the first to buy one. I hope they don't do something silly like they did with Chargers. IE the 1st ones to come out apparently did not have an ESP mode to completely turn off traction control.:eek:

I usually don't like to be the 1st but I really want this car. Even if I could afford a Viper, I would still want this one over it.

I hope I don't have to wait much longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was just told for now the plan "appears" to be in about a year. So 2008 model in late '07. Don't want to get anyone in trouble by revealing my source. But next time I ask, oh like next week, I'll see if s/he cares if I disclose. Still, take this with a grain of salt.

I too prefer this car over a Viper or Corvette, to name a couple. It is a sentimental thing, as I owned my Challenger in high school and never got it out of my system.

·
Registered
973 Posts
kirndog said:
On this sucker being built? No more speculation, I want to know for sure!! The suspense is killing me!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Not only that but when can we see an date estimate on production start-up. Right now I can't think of any reason why DCX wouldn't make the car.

Many people need to make plans regarding purchasing this car. Tom Lasorda said in an interview during the auto show that they were going to make a decision "very, very quickly" on the Challenger. Of course the interviewer didn't ask him what that meant. I'm just concerned that DCX will make a decision and then play cutesy and not release this infomation.

Can you imagine that.....making a decision, not releasing the info, then spy pics show up out of the blue of the thing driving around. You talk about making a bunch of guys mad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been told by a 41 year vet from DC (a line sup). He said it "appears" to be a go. But then again, a fickle management can still scrap it. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hope they let us know VERY soon just so I can get that... what if? out of my head. I have a very good feeling but if they pull the plug I may have to go back to my second love... Audi's.

As of Xmas I have a special 'Challenger bank account' set up so I'll be more than ready for when the time comes around. Bi-weekly deposits happening already! Extra cash on hand always seems to help when trying to get one of the first ones.

I hope to see an SRT version right from the start too but that would prob really be dreaming.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hate to rain on everybodys parade. This is what I recieved from DCX corporate in regards to an email....

Dear XxXxXx:

Thank you for your email regarding the Dodge Challenger.

We are pleased to read of your interest in the Dodge Challenger. At this
time, DaimlerChrysler has not released any official information
regarding future production of the Challenger.

We have documented your interest in the Challenger and we encourage you
to stay in contact with us through the Dodge website
(http://www.dodge.com).

If you have further questions, please feel free to use the reply link
below. You may also call us on our toll-free number at 1-800-964-0600.

Thank you for your continued interest in Dodge vehicles.

Standard BS reply. I think with them laying off 3000 employees and Ford stiffing 30,000 employees. I think they will continue to go after the 30 mpg segment. This is a fantasy car and unless the economy turns around soon that is all it will continue to be....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Honda2Mopar said:
Standard BS reply. I think with them laying off 3000 employees and Ford stiffing 30,000 employees. I think they will continue to go after the 30 mpg segment. This is a fantasy car and unless the economy turns around soon that is all it will continue to be....
I think we'll be ok until 2008 when,....Lord help us all if liberal (Demon-crats)are elected...it'll be the mid 70's all over again,....as they pass very tough restrictions on all our auto manufacturers again...then they'll want us driving around in mo-peds,instead of mopars.....hint, buy any/and or all new high performance muscle cars you can while you can still get them, before its to late and,...lie-beral (demon-crats) kill high performance cars Again.:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
E-Body said:
As of Xmas I have a special 'Challenger bank account' set up so I'll be more than ready for when the time comes around. Bi-weekly deposits happening already! Extra cash on hand always seems to help when trying to get one of the first ones.
I hear you. I've got mine in mutual funds. I did well last year even though the market was just so-so. Looking for an even better return this year.

The bad news is that we have no production date. The good news is that this car is forcing people to save their money. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Honda2Mopar said:
Hate to rain on everybodys parade. This is what I recieved from DCX corporate in regards to an email....

You're not raining on anyone's parade. We've all had those emails. You expressed your interest to Dodge and that's a good thing.

As far as the economy goes, we aren't in recession. The economy is chugging along just fine.

We're a positive group here. Throw out the negative. Think positive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
I think we'll be ok until 2008 when,....Lord help us all if liberal (Demon-crats)are elected...it'll be the mid 70's all over again,....as they pass very tough restrictions on all our auto manufacturers again...then they'll want us driving around in mo-peds,instead of mopars.....hint, buy any/and or all new high performance muscle cars you can while you can still get them, before its to late and,...lie-beral (demon-crats) kill high performance cars Again.:rolleyes: ;)
Do you know what you are talking about. I hope that comment was sarcasim. Which elected officials have controling interest in oil and gas? THe current administration. Who increased gas prices? The current administration. What affects does this have? well people that drive huge SUVs start dumping them for foreign economy cars cause they do not have the money to keep buying gas for them. What does this do? well it causes companies such as ford, gm and chrysler to have large stock inventories that they can not get rid of and have to offer huge discounts. This hurts their sales which causes them to have massive layoffs which is happening as we speak.

Big buiness sacrifices people sometimes and I am by no means a liberal but Ignorance in what is actually happening is no defense. I am not tring to get into a political thing anytime somebody talks about the economy it can stir up mixed emotions. As far as the challenger goes, I hope they will build it but like I said, they will have to make a strong business case for it and with the current gas prices and such in the end I think it will be just what it is a concept car fantasy that will be sold in Barrett- Jackson for 3 million dollars in 2060.....:)

Oh I live close to dodges #1 or #2 dealer in the nation and they are hearing from them that they will build it, but he said that they have made those comments before on other cars only not to have the car produced. It depends on dodge but the higher up managers are telling a big dealership like them they are going to make it. Then this is a good thing....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts