Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 392. So this has never happened before, one day I got in the car and had to flash my lights and when I did my wipers activated and only wiped one time, I flashed them again and they wiped one time again. It’s never done this how do I get that to stop. TIA.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Filling out your signature with year, make, and model (trim) would be helpful.

In a nutshell......I’m guessing you have a faulty multi-function switch.

Reactions: MrF8Green

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
I don't think a touch multi-function would throw a code. When the wiper wipes once, does it spray fluid, or dry wipe? Since pushing the end wipes and sprays as long as you hold it, possible it's getting turned on when you flash the lights. Perhaps try and flash the lights by touching the shaft beyond the end part which pushes/twists as a test. I know it's short. Or the part next to that that doesn't have the wiper controls on the end

Reactions: NoCash

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Out of curiosity, what’s happening that requires you to “have” to flash your high beams?

Reactions: Rayzaa

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
Out of curiosity, what’s happening that requires you to “have” to flash your high beams?
Only when somebody is bright lighting me which is rare since I usually don't do much night driving.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Only when somebody is bright lighting me which is rare since I usually don't do much night driving.
Don’t get me started on the ass-hats around me that fail to dim.....

Most of them are driving GM Junk such as the Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, etc. One guy turned around and decided to ask me (When I stopped for fuel) why I bright lighted him back. I said it was so frigging enjoyable, I felt guilty for leaving him out. He then said he couldn’t see good at night on dim.....like that was now MY problem. After he called me a smart ass, I said it‘s better than being a dumbass. Get your POS roadworthy and it’ll be better on everyone.....otherwise, drive during the daylight hours.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts

Most of them are driving GM Junk such as the Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, etc. One guy turned around and decided to ask me (When I stopped for fuel) why I bright lighted him back. I said it was so frigging enjoyable, I felt guilty for leaving him out. He then said he couldn’t see good at night on dim.....like that was now MY problem. After he called me a smart ass, I said it‘s better than being a dumbass. Get your POS roadworthy and it’ll be better on everyone.....otherwise, drive during the daylight hours.
Yeah so thats great.....he would rather blind others coming at him than dim his for a few seconds til you pass by. Dumbass for sure.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
The only thing I can think of is you are using most of your hand (see your own pic) to flash your lights and it's causing you to slightly turn it causing the wipers to activate. Try flashing with one finger instead.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
Go into settings. I'll bet it's set to wipers on when headlights on .....

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts

Wow, sounds like me, even the smart ass comment! I usually say "I guess you're the opposite" and leave them trying to figure it out.
FWIW, it is called the Visual Horn, back in the day we used to call them the "Thank you/Eff You Lights"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I was driving yesterday and tried it and now it doesn’t do it anymore. I’ll check the settings about the wipers set to headlights. But this so weird, as soon as it started it has stopped. Appreciate all the help guys. If anything changes I’ll update.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts